University Diversity Council
The University Diversity Council role will assist the University Diversity Officer in coordinating the implementation of the University Diversity Plan. More specifically the University Diversity Council will:
- Report on the metrics associated with diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Review and refine the strategic plan for diversity with annual goals to encourage increased recruitment and retention of diverse faculty, staff, and students.
- Disseminate information to members of the university community regarding “best practices” which encourage diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Provide communication on diversity, equity and inclusion issues between and among colleges and other institutional units.
- Consult on the creation of diversity, equity, and international studies webpages.
- Assess the University’s "cultural climate" and recommend changes based upon findings.
- Sponsor programs and activities which support diversity, such as a Week of Diversity, Multiculturalism and Social Justice.
- Discuss and recommend the development of related initiatives and institutes.
University Diversity Council Membership
As of November 21, 2014
- Dr. Amy June Rowley, Associate Professor, Modern Languages & Literatures
- Mr. Andre Johnson, Director, Human Resources
- Ms. Andrea Wilson, Associate Vice President, Student Support & Development, Student Health Services
- Ms. Audrey Wade, Executive Assistant to Associate Provost, Academic Affairs
- Mr. Corey Gin, Director, Leadership and Employment Enrichment Program (LEEP)
- Dr. Diana Balgas, Executive Director, Retention Services
- Dr. Dianne Rush Woods, University Diversity Officer, Office of University Diversity
- Ms. Dwyla Jourdan, Administrative Support Coordinator, Office of University Diversity
- Ms. Helen Ly, Multilingual/ESL/International Student Specialist, Student Center for Academic Achievement
- Dr. Jessica Weiss, Professor, Faculty Development
- Ms. Jillian Buckholz, Director of Sustainability, Academic Affairs
- Ms. JoAnne Hill, Manager, Human Resources
- Dr. Katie Brown, Director, Accessibility Services
- Dr. Kim Geron, Department Chair, Political Science; Diversity and Equity Liaison Officer (DELO); and Chair of the Faculty Diversity and Equity Committee (FDEC)
- Ms. Linda Dobb, Associate Provost, Academic Affairs
- Ms. Nyassa Love, Associate Vice President, Risk Management
- Ms. Tamra Donnelly, Academic Programs & Accreditation Specialist, Academic Programs and Graduate Studies (APGS)