Master in Business Administration
The MBA with Options is a Multi-Year evening MBA Program for working professionals. It provides students with general managerial competencies with an opportunity to choose one of the following eight options:
- General (No-Option)
- Human Resources and Organizational Behavior
- Information Technology Management
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Strategy and International Business
This allows students of the MBA with Options program to develop a professional orientation in their chosen business specialization and to tailor the program to meet their own unique career objective. Students complete the program at their own pace, typically taking two or three courses a quarter on our Hayward Hills Campus.
- Learning Outcomes
- Curriculum Matrix
- Assessment Plan
- AACSB Maintenance of Accreditation Report
- AACSB Letter of Accreditation
- Planning for Distinction Report
- Students in One-Year Intensive MBA Program achieved a ranking 5th place in stock price, competing against over MBA 300 teams from business schools around the world in the CAPSIM business strategy simulation program.
- Students in One-Year Intensive MBA program were awarded 1st place at the International Collegiate Business Strategy Competition in 2012 and 2013.
- Students in One Year MBA Program:
- Designed social media campaigns for Pleasanton Big Draw city festival and helped promoting community events
- Competed in the International Collegiate Business Strategy Competition in Long beach each year, winning trophies and ranking as high as first place in overall stock price performance in the completion, competing against teams from the United States, Asia and Europe.
- Conducted research on how to create a more vibrant innovation community for the City of San Leandro and presented their findings to an audience of over 100 business and political leaders
- Achieved a ranking of 5th place in stock price, competing against over MBA 300 teams from business schools around the world in the CAPSIM business strategy simulation program.
- Dr. Robert Loveland, professor of finance, received the Southwestern Finance Association Outstanding Paper Award at the 2014 SWFA meeting in Dallas, TX for his paper, "What Drives Activity in the Banking Industry?"
- Dr. Scott Fung, professor of finance, was selected as an outstanding reviewer for Review of Accounting in the Emerald Literati Network 2014
- Dr. Jane Lopus, professor emeriti of Economics was invited by the American Institute for Economic Research to be a speaker at their economics teacher-training workshop in Great Barrington, MA on June 26. The presentation topic was “Activities to Teach About the Role of Government in a Market Economy.”
- Dr. Tammie Simmons-Mosley, professor of finance, received Real Estate Program Improvement Grant from the California State University Real Estate and Land Use Institute.
- Dr. Zinovy Radovilsky, professor of management, received Best Paper Award at the 26th Annual CSU-POM Conference in Sacramento, CA, February 2014.
- The College has maintained its AACSB accreditation. The accreditation is for 5 years and will continue through the 2018-19 academic year.
- CBE received a Wells Fargo grant of $30,000 for its new Financial Literacy Center.
- The Center for Economic Education received funding from the Bay Area Financial Education Foundation, through the California Council on Economic Education, to conduct two workshops for high school economics teachers on August 5 and 6, 2014. The workshops will be hosted by Merrill Lynch in San Francisco.