B.A. and B.S. in Physics
Program Review Reflections and Results
- Over the past years graduates from our program have been accepted to Physics Graduate programs at UC Berkeley, MIT, Cal Tech and many other institutions.
- Associate Professor of Physics, Derek Kimball, was named the CSUEB 2011-12 George & Miriam Phillips Outstanding Professor
- Our faculty have been awarded numerous grants over the past years from the NSF and Chancellor’s Office
- In the field of STEM Education, our faculty are involved in projects with funding from the Bechtel Corporation designed at improving and developing curriculum and professional development at both the University and K-8 levels.
- New TT hires in 2005, 2008 and 2013 have created a strong undergraduate research program where 1) over half of our undergraduate majors participate in meaningful lab research with faculty mentors in Atomic, Molecular and Optical (AMO) Physics, Materials Science and Condensed Matter Physics and 2) many of the over 20 peer-reviewed journal publications from the past few years have included CSUEB students as co-authors.