Cal State East Bay is using the assessment of student learning outcomes (SLO) to institutionalize meaningful university-wide research and dialogues about teaching, learning, and educational effectiveness in order to improve student learning and the quality of degree programs. The committee on Academic Programs and Resources (CAPR) requires evidence of SLO assessment in their Five Year Review of all degree programs.
Assessment at CSU EB is guided by three principles:
- It is a bottom-up faculty-driven process,
- It addresses questions that are of concern to faculty, and
- It measures incoming and outgoing competencies.
Currently, all degree programs have identified student learning outcomes, and most have assessment plans, indicators, and entry and exit measurement points.
- Assessment Plans
- Student Learning Outcomes
- College of Business and Economics Assessment Reports
- CSUEB Assessment Responsibilitie