Student Instructions - Cooperative Education
To be eligible for the Co-op Course, you must:
- Be in good academic standing and not be on academic probation
- Have a 2.0 GPA or higher
- Have a job/ internship offer that relates to your major/option (AACE can help)
Note: International / F-1 Visa students: The AACE staff cannot advise you on eligibility. The Center for International Education (CIE) at CSUEB is your official point of contact to determine your eligibility to work off-campus. Once you obtain permission to work off-campus from the CIE, and obtain a job or internship, you may enroll in the Cooperative Education Course.
- When you obtain a job or internship and wish to enroll in a course, download the following forms:
- Complete the top half of the Cooperative Education Agreement and bring it to Academic Advising and Career Education for approval.
- After approval, take the Agreement Form, the Learning Contract and the Work Performance Evaluation to your academic department. They will assign you a faculty advisor and provide you a call number. After receiving the call #, you can register for the course.
- Complete the top half of the Learning Contract and meet with your faculty advisor to review and have him/her approve.
- IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to provide the Learning Contract/Work Performance Evaluation form to your work supervisor within the first week of beginning employment. In order to receive a grade for this course, the Work Performance Evaluation needs to be completed and received by your faculty advisor in a timely fashion. Please discuss with him/her the date they will need this back.
- After your supervisor completes your performance evaluation, return the Learning Contract/Work Performance Evaluation form to your faculty advisor.
- At the end of the quarter, your faculty advisor will provide you a grade for the course (CR/NC).
- Keep a copy of all your forms until your grade is posted on your transcript.