Please consider the following carefully to determine your eligibility for the McNair Scholars Program
McNair Scholars Eligibility Checklist—Please check the boxes that apply to you:
- Must be interested in obtaining a Ph.D.
- Must have completed at least 90 units by the end of June 2010
- Must have a GPA of at least 3.0 by the end of Fall 2009
- Must be either:
- a low-income and first generation college student1
- OR underrepresented in higher education2
- Must be either a citizen or a permanent resident of the United States
- Must be enrolled at Cal State East Bay during Spring 2010
- Must be available to participate in the Summer 2010 McNair Graduate School Boot Camp and Research Seminar Class
|Size of Family Unit||48 Contiguous States, D.C.,
and Outlying Jurisdictions
If you've checked all the boxes then you are eligible to apply to become a McNair Scholar.
1 First generation college student is defined by the Federal government as a student who has not resided with or received primary support from a parent who has received a B.A. degree or its equivalent.
2 African American, Chicano/Latino, Native American, and Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander students are considered underrepresented in higher education.