The CSUEB McNair Scholars Program admits twenty-five high achieving undergraduates each year. Admission into the program requires candidates to meet certain criteria defined by the U.S. Department of Education. Each candidate is required to submit a complete application packet including two letters of recommendation and transcripts (unofficial transcripts will be accepted). Because there are a limited number of spots available this is a competitive process and no one is guaranteed entrance. However, we encourage ALL interested and eligible students to apply. Please do not pass up this incredible opportunity!
To be eligible students must:
- Have completed at least 90 quarter units
- Have a 3.0 minimum cumulative GPA
- Hold U.S. citizenship or a permanent residency visa
- Be a first generation college student from an economically disadvantaged background OR from an ethnic group underrepresented in graduate education (African-American, Chicano/Latino, Native American/Alaskan, or Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander)
- Intend to pursue a Ph.D. after graduation (This program is not open to students pursing medical or law degrees)