EOP Admission Appeals
We regret that we are unable to accept all qualified EOP applicants. Each year we have more applicants than spaces available. The EOP admissions process is highly selective and applicants must meet all EOP admission requirements.
If you were denied or dismissed for admissions and believe you have new and compelling reasons for reconsideration, please see below for further instructions.
Submitting an Appeal
To submit an appeal for first time admission for EOP or re-admission due to noncompliance with EOP requirements, please read and complete the following steps. Only complete appeals will be considered.
Appeals for mandatory events are rarely approved and must demonstrate extenuating circumstances to be considered.
- Appeal within 15 days. All EOP appeals must be submitted within 15 business days of the denial or dismissal notification. Appeals submitted late will not be accepted.
- Prepare email appeal. Emails must include:
- Full Name
- Student Net ID
- Term of application (e.g. Fall Quarter 2014)
- Type of Appeal: Please include one of the appeal types below in the subject of your email (e.g. Subject: New Information Appeal).
(e.g. changes to FAFSA Expected Family Contribution, GPA, etc.)
Incorrect reporting on the EOP application
(e.g. parent/s earned a bachelor equivalent degree in another country)
Unable to attend Summer Bridge Preview
Unable to attend Summer Bridge
Unable to attend EOP Freshman Welcome
Unable to attend EOP Transfer Welcome
Missed Admission deadline
Missed EOP Freshman Welcome
Missed EOP Transfer Welcome
- Personal Statement: All appeals must include a written personal statement by the student informing and clarifying the new and compelling information to EOP Admissions.
- Relevant Supporting Documents: Be sure to include any documents that support your statement as PDF attachments. If your situation warrants documentation from a professional (e.g. doctor) or a school official, it must be on official letterhead and signed prior to being scanned and attachment to your email appeal.
- Submit your appeal. Email completed appeals with supporting documents to email@example.com.
Decision of Appeal
Decision of appeal will be sent via email to Horizon email account within 3 weeks of appeal being received. Please be aware that EOP cannot guarantee a response before deadlines for other institution which you may have applied.