The 2014/15 Renaissance Scholars Program Application is NOW OPEN!
The Renaissance Scholars Program has is now accepting applications for the 2014-15 academic year! The Renaissance Scholars Program exists to support the growth and development of former foster youth at CSU East Bay. Our goal is to provide a full array of support services to move students toward completing the degree and being successful in their own life journeys.
To achieve this goal, we provide:
- Academic, career, and financial aid advising and counseling
- Workshops, social activities and field trips to help students learn and grow outside of the classroom.
- Priority for on-campus housing to ensure that they have a stable place to live
- A textbook library where you can check out books rather than purchase them
- A quarterly stipend to assist with purchasing books when necessary
- Priority registration to make sure you get the classes you need
- Individual and group tutoring to make sure you do well in your classes
- Mentor and mentee opportunities to make sure you connect to CSUEB and feel comfortable here
- Counseling referrals to help you through some of the emotional and mental challenges of being a student
- Loaner laptops that you can check out for free on a quarterly basis
- Leadership development to prepare you for helping and supporting other students
You must meet the following prerequisites in order to be accepted to the Renaissance Scholars Program:
- Apply and be accepted to CSU East Bay
- Apply and be accepted to the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) at CSU East Bay
- Qualify as an "independent" student under federal financial aid guidelines
- Have a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Be a California resident and former foster youth/ward of the court
You will need to provide ONE of the following forms of documentation as verification of being a foster youth:
- Letter of Guardianship from the county
- Proof of Dependency from the county
- Ward of the Court" Verification Letter from the county
- ILP/ILSP Statement/Letter of verification
- County Statement/Letter of verification
If you are not sure whether or not you qualify for Renaissance Scholars, please contact us directly. We look at each student’s circumstances on a case-by-case basis.
- Download the Application [PDF] or [Word]
- Complete and print your Application [PDF] or [Word]
- Use the “Save As” feature to save a copy of the application you have completed. If you do not use the Save As feature to save your application, all of your responses may be lost.
- Sign the Application [PDF] or [Word]
- Attach your verification of being a current or former foster youth
- Mail or deliver your signed and completed application to the Renaissance Scholars Program (please see address below)
- Once your signed and completed application is received, you will be contacted for an interview
If you have questions about the Renaissance Scholars Program, please feel free to contact the Program Coordinator for more information.
Coordinator: Lael Adediji, Ed.D.
California State University East Bay
Dr. Lael Adediji
Renaissance Scholars Program / LI 2500
25800 Carlos Bee Blvd
Hayward, CA 94542