Renaissance Scholars Program
2015/16 Application - OPEN NOW!
Renaissance Scholars Program Requirements
- Make a full commitment to the Renaissance Scholars Program each year.
- Entering Freshmen are required to live in on-campus housing.
- Actively participate in advising sessions and ALL program activities. Be an active participant in the Renaissance Scholars Program community.
- Attend and actively participate in mandatory retreat.
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 grade point average. Students on probation are required to meet additional requirements.
- Inform the Renaissance Scholars Program of your participation in any other campus program, and allow the programs to communicate with each other regarding your support needs.
- Challenge yourself to push beyond your expectations and comfort zone.
- Additional requirements may be expected that are not currently listed on this form.
Renaissance Scholars must:
- Apply and be accepted to CSU East Bay
- Qualify as an "independent" student under federal financial aid guidelines
- Have a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Be a California resident and former foster youth/ward of the court.
You will need to provide one of the following forms of documentation:
- Letter of Guardianship from the county
- Proof of Dependency from the county
- Ward of the Court" Verification Letter from the county
- ILP/ILSP Statement/Letter of verification
- County Statement/Letter of verification
Application and Review Process
- Eligible students should submit the Renaissance Scholars Program Application.
- After initial review of the application, potential Scholars will be invited to an interview with the Renaissance Scholars Program. The purpose of this interview is to assess the applicant’s goals, interests, and needs.
- Students admitted to the program will be notified by email via their student Horizon email address. The email will include a participation agreement, which should be returned prior to the first day of the Fall 2015 quarter.
- To complete the admissions process, students will need to attend the Renaissance Scholars Program retreat, which will be held in October. At the retreat, students will be introduced to the Renaissance Scholars community, thoroughly informed of rights and responsibilities, and sign the final student admissions contract.
START YOUR APPLICATION NOW!
We would prefer that you submit the online application; however, if you have trouble with the link, you may use the .pdf application and mail it into the Renaissance Scholars Program Office.
|April 1, 2015||Renaissance Scholars Program Application Opens|
|After June 30, 2015||Documents received after the deadline will still be accepted and reviewed on a space-available basis.|
QUESTIONS? Contact the Renaissance Scholars Program Office at (510) 885-4426 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.