Students must possess a minimum 3.60 GPA to join the University Honors Program. To remain in good standing, UHP students must maintain a minimum 3.60 GPA and complete at least one Honors course each calendar year. Click here for more information.
University Honors Courses
University Honors Program students must complete five upper division honors projects and an Honors civic engagement seminar to graduate from the program. Our current civic engagement project partner is Habitat for Humanity. Click here for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for questions and answers regarding the University Honors Program.
Why Join the University Honors Program?
University Honors Program students in good standing enjoy the following benefits:
- Early Registration for Most Classes
- Letters of Recommendation for Potential Scholarship and Employment Opportunities
- Potential for Travel Support to Professional and Academic Conferences
- Exclusive use of the Honors Study Room and Honors Computer Equipment
- Attendance at UHP Social and Academic Events
- Right to Join the Honors Student Council
- Annual University Honors Program Banquet.
- Acknowledgement at Honors Convocation
- UHP Medal upon graduation