NOTICE: Unfortunately the Upward Bound Program at CSUEB was not refunded and will close on May 31, 2013. We will not be accepting new applications.
Each prospective candidate must attend an Upward Bound Information Meeting with their parents/guardians before an application is given.
The application is several pages in length, which takes about one week to complete and requires submission of the following material:
- proof of low–income status (parents/guardian 1040 Tax Form, or proof of Social Security AFDC, Unemployment Compensation, Etc.)
- proof of U.S. Citizenship or Alien Registration number
- Social Security card
- a one page essay
- counselor recommendation
- two teacher recommendations
- current transcript
- short-answer questions (provided by Upward Bound)
All materials submitted become the property of Upward Bound.
Those who qualify are then interviewed by current UB students and staff.
The final candidates are selected based on the following criteria:
- Completed application
- Family's low–income status and/or first generation status
- Grade level
- Target school
- Responses to short-answer questions
- Outcome of interview
- Teachers and counselor recommendations
- Program's needs
A completed application and an interview with the Director DOES NOT guarantee admission to the program.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE MARCH 1 OF EVERY YEAR.
Email Upward Bound