- Academic advisement
- Activities (cultural and educational)
- Instruction (educational development)
- Cultural field trips
- Monitoring of academic progress
- Assistance with financial aid information and the completion of application forms
- Assistance interpreting standardized test results and registering for college entrance exams
- Motivational guest speakers
- Career and college exploration
- Goal–setting and decision–making techniques
- Assistance with college applications
- Scholarship information
- College and university tours
- Parent workshops
Academic Year Component
- Saturday instructional sessions at California State University, East Bay (September through May).
- After school tutorial sessions during the week and Saturdays.
- Field trips to places of educational, cultural, and recreational value.
- Close communication with the students´ high school teachers, counselors, and parents in a coordinated effort to maximize students educational development.
The SUMMER SESSION COMPONENT (Monday through Friday during the months of June and July) is an intensive six weeks academic program at California State University, East Bay. Upward Bound students take high school level developmental and enrichment courses. Upward Bound students have access to all facilities available to regular Cal State East Bay students, including sports, cultural, and recreational events. Field trips, entertainment, and college orientation, are a part of the Upward Bound experience.
Email Upward Bound