Writing Skills Test
The Writing Skills Test consists of an analytic essay that requires you to demonstrate that you can think and write critically. You must pass the WST and satisfy the UWSR with a score of Clear Competence (8) to meet the requirement.
Test Administration takes approximately 2.5 hours.
Students are required to remain in the room for the entire test period and/or until they are dismissed.
Admission ticket or Registration confirmation
- WST – Regular Administration (paper Version) - An admission ticket with date, time and location will be emailed to your Horizon account approximately one week prior to the test date. If you have not received your admission ticket by the Wednesday preceding the test, use your online Registration Confirmation printout as a substitute.
- If you do not receive an admission ticket or cannot find your registration confirmation you must contact us at email@example.com no later than the Wednesday before your test date.
- WST – Limited Administration (Computer Version) – There is no admission ticket for this test. (Note: The computer version of the WST already has the date, time and location)
- Online Registration Via MYCSUEB
- Exam Dates & Student Charges
- If you fail the WST
- Appeal for Waiver of Requirement
- Alternative Accommodations
- Sample Essay Topics
- On the day of the test
- Sample Evaluated Essays
- What does my WST result mean?
- Workshop Information
- New UWSR Enrollment Hold Policy