Campus and Community Resources

Below are common resources for students. See your disability counselor if you have additional questions.

Academic and Student Services Support

There are plenty of academic and support services right on campus. Some of these include student health, counseling, the tutoring center, library, financial aid, academic advising and career education, technology, and records. Look for more information on the student services and academic support pages.

Campus Life

To improve your sense of social and community well-being, consider joining a University-affiliated organization or attending an event on campus. Student Life and Leadership includes housing, athletics, clubs and organizations, and campus events (concerts, theater, comedy, speaker series, festivals, and more).

Community Support

California Department of Rehabilitation provides support for people with disabilities who are preparing for or looking for work. DOR's goal is for people with disabilities to obtain and retain employment.

Community Resources for Independent Living (CRIL) provides independent living services for people with disabilities. They also provide disability awareness and education, training, advocacy, and technical advice.

Regional Center of the East Bay provides services and support for people with developmental disabilities. Eligible diagnoses include mental retardation, autism, cerebral palsy, and epilepsy.

Alameda County Social Services and Alameda Behavioral Health Care Services provide behavioral and emotional support for people living in Alameda county. For more information about mental health care and local providers, see the Guide to Medi-Cal Mental Health Services.

Learning Disability Assessments

Unfortunately, we don't provide learning disability assessments at CSUEB which means we must refer our students elsewhere. The East Bay Learning Disability Association website matches students with local assessment providers. We also refer students to the learning assessment course at Chabot College (English 116: Learning Skills Assessment). This is a one unit class lasting half a semester. If interested, be sure to register in advance as this class fills up fast. Contact Chabot's disability office at 510-723-6725 if you have questions. 

  • Print This Page
  • Bookmark and Share