Commendations, Complaints & Appeals

This section explains how to provide feedback on disability and accommodation-related issues.


There are no formal procedures for filing a commendation for an Accessibility Services staff member. In fact, we will gladly accept your praise in a multitude of forms including smiles, handshakes, high-fives, thumbs up, and of course, words of thanks both spoken and written. (Please restrain yourselves from bestowing lavish gifts, however.)

We also encourage you to spread the love around campus. Think one of your professors is superb? Impressed with your academic advisor? Grateful for the help of a financial aid counselor? Let them know! CSUEB staff and faculty work with students because it's our job and many of us enjoy it, but we all appreciate an extra thank-you now and again.

Complaints and Appeals

Complaints about campus accessibility, accommodations, or Accessibility Services in general should be shared with your Accessibility Services counselor or the person directly involved. We welcome your feedback and are open to changing and improving our services based on student needs.

The University has more formal complaint procedures for the following scenarios. If you've experienced one of these situations, click the link to learn more. 

An Accessibility Services counselor denied my request for accommodation; I'd like to appeal this decision.

I believe I've been discriminated against.

I think I received an unfair grade in a class.

  • Print This Page
  • Bookmark and Share