Since California State University East Bay is a hillside campus surrounded by open land and residential dwellings, the presence of pests at one time or another is inevitable. Common pests include ants and rodents (such as field mice), skunks and raccoons.
What can I do to prevent infestations?
- Avoid leaving food in your office trash cans overnight. (Instead place in a restroom or community kitchen trash cans.)
- Place stored food in sealed containers.
- Keep your work area tidy.
- Don’t leave dirty dishes in the kitchen sinks overnight.
- Keep your room tidy and empty the trash frequently.
- Don’t prop doors open for long periods.
What does the University do?
The University contracts with an outside vendor for all pest control services. For small infestations Facilities Management responds with ant bait stations and mouse traps until our outside vendor is available. We will respond within 24 hours to a Maintenance Request.
If you think you have a pest problem, complete a Maintenance Request or for more urgent matters, call 510.885.4444.