Office of Human Resources
Welcome to the home page for the Office of Human Resources at CSUEB. We are located on the second floor of the new Student Services and Administration Building Suite 2600. Browse the menu at the left to learn more about CSUEB's benefits; career opportunities; personal and professional development seminars; HR forms and procedural guidance; and university policies. We have also established links on our homepage to other closely related campus offices.
Human Resources invites you to attend
CalPERS Retirement Planning Workshop
Wednesday, April 29, 2015
Where: University Union, Bay View Room
Time: 1:30 pm – 4:00 pm
To attend a workshop, registration is required:
- Log into my|CalPERS www.calpers.ca.gov
- Click on “Education Resources Tab”
- Click on “View Classes”
- In the “Find Instructor-Led Classes at our Regional Office” drop down box select “CalPERS Walnut Creek Regional Office”
- Click on “Go”
- Click on the “Planning Your Retirement CSU East Bay” link
- Find your Employer’s Class
- Click on “Enroll” link
- Fill out all of the required information
- Click on “Next Button”
- Check over Summary Page for accuracy
- Scroll down to bottom and click on “Submit”
- Print out the page for your records
Deadline to register for the April 29th Workshop is April 7, 2015
HEALTH AND WEALTH FOR YOUR FUTURE SELF SEMINAR
No fee to attend - Lunch Provided!
Where: Bay View Room
When: Wed, May 6th
11 AM to 12 Noon
12 Noon to 1 PM
Mark Your Calendar!
TIAA-CREF announces Individual Counseling Sessions at
California State University - East Bay
You can discuss your personal financial situation with an experienced TIAA-CREF Financial
Consultant on a confidential basis. They are available to discuss how to help you pursue your
financial goals by investing in financial products such as mutual funds, brokerage, life
insurance and annuities.
Wed, Jun 10, 2015 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. University Union Room 102 (Old University Union)
This Individual Counseling Session can help you simplify your retirement by:
* Reviewing your retirement income options to provide you with the most flexibility possible
* Discussing consolidation, if appropriate for your situation
SIGN UP TODAY:
Space is limited, so please RSVP as soon as you can.
Register at www.tiaacref.org/schedulenow or call 800 732-8353, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (ET).
New Health Insurance Coverage Options and Your Health Coverage
Beginning in 2014, key parts of the health care law take effect and there will be a new way to buy health insurance in California for eligible participants. To assist you as you evaluate options for you and your family, this notice provides some basic information about a new Marketplace called Covered California, and employment-based health coverage offered by your employer. Employees may review the Covered California Employer Notice and the Fact Sheet for specific information about health plan insurance options.
For more information about Covered California please visit https://www.coveredca.com/, or call (888) 975-1142.
Supreme Court decision regarding Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) and Special Enrollment Period
As a result of the recent U.S. Supreme Court decision (Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), relating to same-sex marriage, CalPERS is offering a one-time exception for benefit eligible employees. The one-time exception provides the opportunity for employees to enroll a same sex spouse and eligible dependent children in a CSU benefits plan. This special enrollment period, allows same-sex couples to enroll spouses now, rather than during the annual Open Enrollment, or within 60 days of the original date of marriage. The CalPERS enrollment period is effective now through December 31, 2013. For additional information and enrollment instructions, please review DOMA Enrollment Notice. For questions, please contact the Office of Human Resources, Benefits at 510-885-2549.
California State University East Bay has the following training programs for which you may be required and/or requested to participate:
- Safety Training – All employees are required to take on-line safety training.
- Conflict of Interest/Ethics Training – Individuals who, in the course of their employment, make decisions that could have financial consequences and could result in conflict of interest are required to complete a statement of economic interests and take an on-line ethics training course. Positions include management (MPP), purchasing/procurement, procurement card holders, Student Services Professional IV, physicians, pharmacists, etc.
- Sexual Harassment Prevention (SHP) Training – Individuals who have supervisory authority and/or serve in a MPP management position are required to take an on-line SHP training
- Defensive Driver Training – Employees who drive on behalf of the University in the course of their employment, are required to take defensive driver training, and authorize the University to obtain their DMV driving records.
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA)- Employees with access to student data in course of their employment shall receive training regarding adherence to federal legislation governing the confidentiality of student records.
- Background Check/ Fingerprinting - Employees whose positions are considered “sensitive” such as those working with minor children, handling cash or financial resources, holding master keys, and those with access to personally identifiable information etc. may be subject to fingerprinting.
- New Employee Orientation – all employees – staff, faculty and management are invited to a new employee orientation concerning employee benefits programs, payroll plans, computer usage, campus protocol, safety and other topics.
Office of Human Resources
California State University, East Bay
25800 Carlos Bee Blvd.
Hayward, CA 94542
(510) 885-7591 TTY