New Employee Sign-In Information and mandatory forms
Welcome to Cal State East Bay. In order to fulfill new CSUEB employee requirements, you must report to the Office of Human Resources and Payroll Services on your first day of employment. This page contains instructions for your first day and links to documents you are required to complete. To facilitate the process please complete the online documents in advance of your first day. The CSUEB Campus Map will assist you in finding our offices and parking lots.
Federal law and CSU policies require that your Employment Eligibility Verification forms (INS Form I-9) be completed and submitted to Payroll within three days of employment.
What you need to bring on your first day of employment:
You are required to bring a legal photo ID and non-laminated Social Security Card or an unexpired US passport to the sign-in. Please note that your sign-in process will not be complete without presenting these documents. Please complete all forms using your legal name. (It is very important that your name and Social Security number on payroll documents match the information as it appears on your Social Security card.)
You must demonstrate your identity and your eligibility to work in the United States in accordance with the Immigration and Reform Control Act. Acceptable documents (other than those above) that establish identity and employment authorization may be found on the I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification form. Please allow sufficient time to complete the process.
New Employee Sign-In Forms
Human Resources forms
- Parking Permit Request/Photo I.D. Request *
- CSUEB Campus Security Report/Jeanne Clery Campus Security Act *
- Emergency Contact form *
- Designation of Person Authorized to Receive Warrants *
- EH&S ID form *
- Oath of Allegiance and Declaration of Permission to Work *
- Email Preferred Name Request form (optional)
- New Employee Training Check List (Please print and follow directions for madatory online training links) *
* Mandatory forms
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification form (Fill & Print. Bring to Payroll on your first day) *
- Employee Action Request form (W-4) (Fill & Print. Bring to Payroll on your first day) *
- CalPERS Reciprocal Self-Certification form (Fill & Print. Bring to Payroll on your first day)*
- CSU Form - SSA-1945 Statement Concerning Job Not Covered by Social Security * (for temporary part-time employees only)
- CSUEB Post-Employment Invitation to Self-Identify form (Voluntary)
- CSUEB SAF Supplement form (Evidence of your degree(s) or certificate(s) is required (as applicable) *
- Request for Nondisclosure of Employee Home Address form
* Madatory forms
Other Important Information for New Employees:
- CSUEB Emergency Information notice
- Senate Bill 41 - CSU Contract Restrictions
- Notice of Asbestos
- AlertMe Warning Service sign-up (voluntary)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities under FMLA
- Workplace injury - Information sheet
- Worker's Compensation Information/Designation of Physician form (English)
- Worker's Compensation Information/Designation of Physician form (Spanish)
If you have any questions or require assistance you can contact us at:
Office of Human Resources/Payroll
25800 Carlos Bee Blvd.
Student and Administration Bldg. SA2600
Hayward, CA 94542
Human Resources (510) 885-3634
Office hours M-F 8:00am to 5:00pm
Payroll Office (510) 885-3651
Office hours: M-F 8:00am to 5:00pm (up to 5:30pm upon request)
The University provides a wide array of benefits for eligible employees and family members. Plans and programs include medical, dental, vision, retirement, life insurance, fee waivers for CSU/Cal State East Bay classes and more. Please visit our Benefits page for information on eligibility, plans and programs. When you sign in, a benefits packet will be provided and a Benefits Orientation will be scheduled for all eligible employees.
Note: Documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view, download Adobe Acrobat Reader.