Know Your Commute Plan During the BART Strike
BART's unions called for a strike beginning Friday, October 18th. Whether you ride BART, use other public transit services or drive, everyone needs to consider the alternatives and plan their commute.
- Transportation information can be found at the University Parking & Transportation Services website.
- For information on the University’s vanpool to/from the Tracy area, contact University Parking & Transportation Services at (510) 885-4638. This service is available to Faculty and Staff.
- CSUEB Shuttles will continue to run on their normal schedule from the Hayward and Castro Valley BART stations. Pick-up and drop off locations may change depending on picket lines at each station. During previous strikes, the pick-up and drop-off location for the Hayward BART was moved to C Street and Mission (Near the Hayward Library and across the street from the Hayward Post Office). Based on feedback from riders and because of the chaos around C Street and Mission, we will continue to drop off and pick-up at the Hayward BART Station until we are notified otherwise.
NEW!!During the BART strike, CSUEB and San Francisco State University (SFSU) have partnered together to offer free bus service from San Francisco State to CSUEB. This service is available to all faculty, staff and students that commute to CSUEB from in and around the SF State area. The vehicles are 50 passenger buses.
Buses will depart from CSUEB starting at 6:30am and from SF State University starting at 6:30am Monday – Friday during the BART Strike. The last bus will depart from SFSU at 7:00pm and from CSUEB at 8:30pm. The buses will have two stops in SF before leaving for CSUEB.
The buses will depart from the Stonestown Galleria parking lot. The lot is located on Buckingham Way near the UA Stonestown Twin Movie Theater. If you wish to park in this lot, please look for San Francisco State University personnel, who will assist with parking. Stonestown Galleria Mall has graciously offered free parking at the Stonestown Galleria parking lot.
The buses will then make a stop at the MUNI Shuttle stop at 19th. Avenue and Holloway before leaving for CSUEB. The buses will arrive at the CSUEB campus (RAW Bus stop) approximately 1.5 – 2 hours later depending on traffic.
If you are planning on taking the bus to SFSU, you may park in Lot C or C1 free of charge during the BART strike, and catch the bus at the RAW bus stop. Please make sure you only park in Lot C or Lot C1. All other lots will be enforced.
For the SFSU/CSUEB bus schedule, please click here.
- Ridesharing options, as well as schedules for buses and ferries are available by visiting 511.org. 511.org
also has links to transit agency sites for more information on modified services.
- CSUEB also has its own carpooling program which you can access by clicking here.
- BART has contingency plans on their website that you can access by clicking here. Members of the CSUEB community can also sign up for BART alerts.
- AC Transit will be operating should BART workers strike. AC Transit has prepared a guide to transit alternatives in the event that BART workers strike. This guide is located here. Since AC Transit will not serve bus stops inside BART property, a set of BART station information sheets is available, with maps of temporary stop locations outside the stations, as well as lists of transit alternatives from each BART station. Also available is information on commute alternatives to San Francisco from the East Bay, and charts on transit alternatives to downtown San Francisco, Oakland, and Berkeley from BART stations served by AC Transit.