Project IMPACT – How To Apply
You must already be registered with Accessibility Services in order to become a participant of the program. If you are interested in joining Project IMPACT, you should:
Request a Referral from your Accessibility Services counselor:
- Call 510.885.3868 to make an appointment, complete an online request form, or come to the Accessibility Services office in the Library Complex Building – Room LI 2400
- Review the eligibility requirements
- Request and confirm an one-hour appointment with a Project IMPACT counselor
During your meeting with the Project IMPACT counselor, you may wish to prepare by:
- Bringing a photocopy of your current year IRS Form 1040 tax return, Social Security or SSI Statement, SSDI Statement, or FAFSA (Note: If you are a dependent under the age of 25, you will be required to submit a parent or guardian’s tax return as well)
- Bringing a list of ideas and suggestions on what learning strategies do and don’t work best for you
- Being prepared to have your picture taken
*In order to be accepted in to Project IMPACT, the program is required to verify your federal income only in the first year of entry. This information is kept strictly confidential and does not determine your eligibility to the Project IMPACT program. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this item, please call 510.885.7485.
Upon your acceptance to the Project IMPACT program, you will receive a written letter welcoming you to the program and the services that are immediately made available to you based on your start date in to the program.