Project IMPACT – Tutoring
Project IMPACT provides customized, one-on-one tutoring for any course, regardless of subject area or major. While this service is not guaranteed nor is it a legally mandated accommodation, every effort is made to secure a qualified tutor that is available on dates and times that you are available during the regular school day. You are encouraged to request tutoring for any course for which the academic challenges may impede your progress towards successful completion of your degree program.
To request tutoring, go to Tutoring Request Form (by clicking the + sign next to the Project Impact Form) and complete all requested information before submitting your request. If you prefer, a paper version of the request is also available in the Project IMPACT offices or at Project IMPACT Forms page.
You are subject to various rights and responsibilities when receiving tutoring, and are required to review the Rights and Responsibilities in Receiving Tutoring handout and sign an agreement to it once every academic year.
Some things to consider when requesting and receiving tutoring are:
- Tutoring is not guaranteed, but every reasonable effort is made to meet requests through Week 7 of each quarter, and tutors will not provide tutoring the week of Final Exam
- You are expected to come prepared, including a list of questions you have regarding your homework and writing assignments
- Tutoring sessions are typically one-hour sessions twice a week, or one two-hour session per week
- Tutoring can be suspended at any time for failure to following the agreement as outlined in the “Rights and Responsibilities in Receiving Tutoring”
- Tutoring is not provided for graduate-level courses (even if part of your major), courses that are not a part of your educational plan, and courses offered at any institution other than CSUEB.
- Informing your instructor that you are receiving tutoring services through Project IMPACT
- Including time for tutoring as a part of your regular schedule for each day you are on campus
8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Monday - Friday
Phone: (510) 885-3868
Fax: (510) 885-4775
California State University, East Bay
25800 Carlos Bee Blvd., Room LI 1117
Hayward, CA 94542