Tutoring availability is dependent upon the program’s budget.Project IMPACT provides customized, one-on-one tutoring in every subject.
- Students are provided with weekly one-hour sessions.
- Tutoring is available in every subject, regardless of area or major.
- Project IMPACT tutors are selected carefully, and their academic record reviewed.
- Tutors are trained on techniques to work with all types of learners
- Tutors are familiar with various assistive technologies.
- Project IMPACT hosts various tutoring events such as Finals Week Preparation, and drop-in sessions. This varies from quarter to quarter.
- Tutoring is a supplemental service and not an accommodation.
- Students are responsible for bringing something to the session to work on.
- Students who miss three tutoring sessions will have their tutoring canceled for the quarter. A “miss” includes any absence, showing up with nothing to work on, or arriving more than 15 minutes late.
- Tutors may not work on assignments or give answers to problems. Instead, they aim to help students discover the answers and understand material.
8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Monday - Friday
Phone: (510) 885-3868
Fax: (510) 885-4775
California State University, East Bay
25800 Carlos Bee Blvd., Room LI 1117
Hayward, CA 94542