Workers’ Compensation Return to Work
In order to return to work you must:
- Provide Work Status Report to the Workers’ Compensation Coordinator immediately after your appointment.
- Notify Manager/Supervisor of return to work date.
Return to Work with Work Restrictions (Modified Duty)
- The Workers’ Compensation Coordinator and Manager/Supervisor will evaluate the work restrictions to determine the feasibility of transitional work.
- If transitional work is available, a Return-to-Work Agreement will be prepared and discussed with the employee and supervisor. Please remember this is not a permanent position; it is only temporary.
- It is the employee’s responsibility to attend all appointments.
- The employee must provide all treating work status reports to the Workers’ Compensation Coordinator immediately after your appointment, if possible, but no later than the next business day.
- CSU policy states that absences shall be charged to the employee’s leave credits (i.e., sick leave, vacation, CTO, etc.) for doctor’s appointments, physical therapy, and/or medical procedures. Contact the Workers’ Compensation Coordinator for possible exceptions.
To ensure a successful return to work, cooperation is vital. For additional information please refer to the Return-to-Work Employee Information Sheet.