Become an Alumni Leader
Thank you for your interest in joining the Cal State East Bay Alumni Association Board of Directors. The board is elected by Association members to represent the CSUEB alumni community. We are a working board with a fun, spirited culture and a strong commitment to supporting alumni, students, and the mission of the University. We welcome you to join us for a meeting and check us out or just dive in and apply to become a director.
Directors are elected by the membership on an annual basis at the end of the fiscal year (June 30). Mid-year appointments can be made by the President of the Board with the approval of a majority of directors. Directors are elected to a two-year term and may serve up to three consecutive terms.
Here are some of the things that directors do:
- Attend 4-6 board meeting per year
- Work with other directors to produce alumni networking events and/or focus on special initiatives like marketing, mentorship, and alumni outreach
- Support 2-4 alumni events per year
- Recruit new board members
- Serve as ambassador for the Alumni Association and the University
- Graduate of California State University, East Bay and member of the Alumni Association
- Willingness to make a contribution to Alumni Association activities and functions
- Experience in areas valuable to the Alumni Association, such as marketing, design, policy, volunteer/project management
- Ability to commit to serving on a working board
- Acquire and maintain a broad awareness and knowledge of the CSUEB Alumni Association including its opportunities, needs, resources, and mission
- Participate in Alumni Association meetings and provide experience and special expertise as abilities and time permit
- Serve as a spokesperson for the Alumni Association in the community
- Ensure that the Alumni Association's programs and services benefit the needs of the alumni community
- Participate actively in Alumni Association and University events
Applications are due May 30, 2013, for board terms running July 2013 through June 2015. To apply, please download the application, complete, and return via e-mail to email@example.com or fax to (510) 885-4691.
Questions? Please contact Penny Peak, alumni director, at 510-885-4156.