Become an Alumni Leader
Thank you for your interest in joining the Board of Directors of the Cal State East Bay Alumni Association. Directors are elected by the Board on an annual basis at the end of the fiscal year (June 30). Mid-year appointments can be made by the President of the Board with the approval of a majority of directors. Directors are elected to a two-year term and may serve four consecutive terms.
- Graduate of California State University, East Bay (formerly Cal State Hayward).
- Active membership in the Alumni Association as an annual, life, or pledged life member.
- Experience in areas valuable to the Alumni Association.
- Knowledge of the Bay Area and/or communities relevant to the university.
- Ability to make a contribution to Alumni Association activities and functions.
- Acquire and maintain a broad awareness and knowledge of the CSUEB Alumni Association, including its mission, strengths, resources, multi-year plan, and needs.
- Participate in Alumni Association meetings and provide expertise and leadership as opportunities arise.
- Serve as a spokesperson for the Alumni Association in the community.
- Ensure that the Alumni Association's programs and services benefit alumni, students, and the University.
- Participate actively in Alumni Association and University events.
Here are some of the things that directors do:
- Prepare for and attend board meetings approximately six times per year.
- Participate on one or more committees (governance, finance, membership, events & marketing, social media, philanthropy, recruitment & board development, student alumni association).
- Represent the Alumni Association at University, alumni, and community events. Encourage active alumni involvement as members, donors, volunteers, mentors, advocates, and sources of jobs and internships for students and alumni.
- Volunteer at alumni events.
- Identify new board members.
Applications are due June 20, 2014, for board terms running July 2014 through June 2016. To apply, please download, complete, and return the application via e-mail to email@example.com or fax to (510) 885-4691.
- Alumni Board Application (Word)
Questions? Please contact Penny Peak, alumni director, at 510-885-4156.