China America Business and Education CenterChina America Business and Education Center is a CBE College Center Officially Chartered by the University in 2004.
- Provide educational programs and related business visits for Chinese government officials and business executives
- Promote educational cooperation and exchange between CSUEB and educational institutions in China and Taiwan
- Promote CBE faculty research and publications and teaching excellence
Bank Management Programs Conducted
- Bank of Chongqing I, II, III (2012)
- Changshu Rural Commercial Bank I and II (2011, 2012)
- China City Commercial Banks (2006) including China Banking Regulatory Commission, Bank of Beijing, Bank of Shanghai, Tianjin City Commercial Banks, Shenzhen Commercial Bank, Nanjing City Commercial Bank, Ningbo Commercial Bank, Hangzhou City Commercial Bank, Wuxi Commercial Bank, Zhejiang City Commercial Bank, Jinan City Commercial Bank, Qingdao City Commercial Bank, Harbin Commercial Bank
- Guangdong Development Bank (2002-2008)
- Kunshan Rural Commercial Bank (2012)
- Longjiang Bank (2011)
- Ningbo Yinzhou Rural Cooperative Bank I and II (2012)
- Qinhuangdao Commercial Bank (2012)
Other Recent Training Programs Conducted
- Corporate Value Management Program for Materials and Resources Commission of the Beijing Municipal Government (2009)
- Information Technology Management Program for State-owned Assets Supervision & Administration Commission of Henan Provincial People’s Government (2011)
- Information Technology Management Program for Jiangsu Economic and Information Technology Commission of Jiangsu Provincial Government (2012)
Recognition for CABEC Bank Management Program
- Invited by California Governor’s office to help organize Governor Schwarzenegger’s Banking Roundtable for U.S. and Chinese Bank executives in Beijing, China in 2006.
- Former Vice President of Guangdong Development Bank, Mr. Jin Haiteng, in his 2007 book Financing Solutions credited CSUEB bank management training program for helping his bank in Hangzhou to grow from a small, weak bank into a very successful bank in Zhejiang Province.
- The book Financing Solutions became one of the most popular and recognized bank management books among Chinese bankers – it is in its 24th printing. Many banks called Mr. Jin to enquire about how they can participate in the bank management training programs at CSUEB.
- Mr. Jin is elected the executive Chairman of the annual CEO Forum on Small and Medium-sized Commercial Banks in China. In 2012, over 200 bank executives representing 90 small and medium-sized banks attended the 7th CEO Forum in 2012.
- Chairman and President of the Bank of Chongqing regarded CABEC bank management program the best program for their bankers, superior to the bank management programs they attended at universities in Europe and Asia.
Provide Research Support and Teaching Improvement Grants to Promote CBE faculty Research and Publications and Teaching Excellence
Provide teaching improvement grants to help CBE faculty increase teaching effectiveness
Provide research support grants to help CBE faculty to increase research and publications
Dr. Nancy Mangold
Director, China America Business and Education Center
Professor, Department of Accounting and Finance
Office: VBT 332, Phone: 510-885-3315
Advisory Board Members
Dr. Jed DeVaro
Wang Family Professor, Department of Management
Chair and Professor, Department of Economics
Dr. Scott Fung
Jack and Susan Acosta Professor of Finance,
Associate Progessor, Department of Accounting and Finance
Dr. Glen Taylor
Associate Professor, Department of Management
Director, MBA Professor – Global Innovator and One Year MBA Program
Dr. Lan Wu
Assistant Professor, Department of Marketing