The College of Business & Economics (CBE) Student Service Center only provides academic advising for CBE Undergraduate Programs in the Valley Business & Technology Building (VBT), Room 129. Photo identification is required for all types of advising. The following advising services are available:
Quick Question Advising
Quick question advising is always available at the front desk. Generally the areas listed below do not require an appointment. If your concern falls into one of these areas, please call or come in to speak directly to one of our Peer or Staff Advisors in VBT 129:
•CBE Registration problems (permission code, exceeding max units, etc.)
•Declaring or cancelling options or minors
•Obtaining an updated major document (evaluation, graduation check, etc)
•Major requirement verification (VA, CIE, Financial Aid, etc)
•Submitting additional transfer work or test credit
•Assistance with CBE Petition Form
Drop-in advising is strictly limited to continuing or current CBE Majors or Minors only. Pre-Business, prospective, or returning students must schedule an appointment. Drop-in advising services will be available:
- Monday & Tuesday
- 4:00pm - 5:00pm
- Wednesday & Thursday
- 11:00am - 12pm
NEW! The web-based scheduling system allows students to make an in-person or over-the-phone academic advising appointment using a web browser. Students can begin scheduling appointments now for Fall 2013 quarter. Appointments will begin Monday, October 14, 2013 and last thru Thursday, December 12, 2013. Students can also call the CBE Student Service Center at (510) 885-3323 to schedule an appointment.
Types of Appointments Available
- Introduction to Major Requirements
For newly admitted on-ground Business Administration or Economics students. Introduction to CBE major and option requirements, academic planning, and evaluation of CSUEB and any transfer course work.
- Returning/Re-entry Information
For students that previously attended CSUH/CSUEB and are planning to reapply to the University. Review of all major coursework (including any additional work) and determination of appropriate major catalog year.
- Pre-Business Information
For new or current Pre-Business students. Review of transcripts to discuss admissibility to the on-ground Business Administration major and information regarding supplemental applications and deadlines. No information regarding University admission requirements will be given.
- Major and Option(s) Requirements Review
For continuing or current CBE majors. Review of major and option(s) requirements, assist in planning a well-balanced schedule of classes, and address concerns about college policies.
- Minor Requirements Review
For new, continuing/current, or prospective minor students. Introduction to or review of CBE minor requirements. Minors Available: Business Administration, Economics, Advertising, ITM, Marketing, or International Business
- Graduation Requirements Review - Major/Minor
For students that are ready to file or have recently applied for graduation on MyCSUEB. Review major or minor requirements on graduation check sheet. Please note: CBE does not require students to make an appointment to initiate a graduation check. Filing for graduation on MyCSUEB will prompt a graduation check sheet to be sent to the Office of the Registrar. Upon submitting the official check sheet, students are sent a copy (via CSUEB Horizon email) for their own records.
- Phone CBE Undergraduate Programs Requirement Review
For all students who normally attend or plan on attending the Concord campus and those that cannot make Hayward face-to-face advising hours. Major or minor documents will be sent to the student via email before the scheduled appointment. Students will have to call (510) 885-2438 at scheduled appointment time. Information regarding the Online Degree Completion Program in Business Administration will not be provided.
CBE Student Service Center Appointment Policies
- Students should arrive a few minutes early for their appointment. Appointments will be cancelled if a student is more than 5 minutes late.
- Please check in with the front desk staff upon your arrival.
- All appointments require students to present photo identification such as, a Bay Card (preferred), driver's license, or passport.
- A student can only schedule one advising appointment at a time.
- Appointments may only be scheduled up to three weeks in advance.
- If you must cancel an appointment, please allow at least 24 hour notice. One missed appointment without notice will result in the loss of appointment scheduling privileges for the quarter.
- Because of real time display of appointment availability, students may need to select another appointment time prior to request submission.
Please allow at least 24 hour notice for cancellations. Students can cancel appointments on the website or by calling (510) 885-3323. Appointments will be cancelled if a student is more than 5 minutes late. One missed appointment without notice will result in the loss of appointment scheduling privileges for the quarter.