Student Service Center (VBT 129)
Student Service Center Hours
Monday to Thursday: 8:30AM to 6:00PM
Friday: 8:30AM to 5:00PM
Quarter Break Hours:
Monday to Friday: 8:30AM to 5PM
Major and Minor Advising Center (VBT 129A)
What is the College of Business & Economics Student Service Center?
The College of Business & Economics Student Service Center (CBE SSC) maintains the academic files of declared majors in the College of Business and Economics, processes Department-level and College-level major and minor graduation checks and most academic area petitions, handles all registration-related activities for CBE classes, and, in general, advises and assists students in all academic program-related matters.
The SSC is a one-stop shopping center for your major! Your folder is on file in the SSC and is available for your reference. It includes transcripts, a major evaluation, a major check and/or a minor check, if applicable, and copies of any and all academic petitions and substitution forms submitted to the SSC.
With the growing technological environment, CSUEB is constantly striving to offer more services online. Online services currently available include:
- Applying to CSUEB – Apply Online Once you have submitted your online application, you can follow your application's progress at https://my.csueastbay.edu
- Registering – https://my.csueastbay.edu – Remember to verify your class enrollments
- Checking your grades – Approximately 7-10 days after the close of the quarter, grades are available online at https://my.csueastbay.edu. (Not available by phone)
- Requesting Official Transcripts – Current students and students who have graduated since 1995 may order transcripts online on MyCSUEB at https://my.csueastbay.edu or directly through Credentials, Inc at https://www.credentials-inc.com/cgi-bin/dvcgitp.pgm?ALUMTRO001138. For more information please visit the Records Transcript page at http://www20.csueastbay.edu/students/student-services/student-records/transcripts.html.
- Blackboard – The Blackboard program provides an electronic community and communication environment for faculty and students, as well as a course management system for faculty wishing to place course information on the web. Once you register for a class you are automatically added to the Blackboard account for each of your classes. Instructors may list the course syllabus, office hours, email address, homework, lectures, etc. online for students to access. Some courses also have chat rooms where students enrolled in all sections of a particular class can chat about the course content – http://bb.csueastbay.edu.
- Answers to your questions about your Major or Minor Degree Requirements – Contact the CBE SSC at email@example.com
- Under construction – A new degree audit system that will allow you to pull up your degree requirements from home.
List of Current Majors, and options, and Minors available:
B.S. – Business Administration with a concentration (option) in the following areas:
- Advertising & Public Relations
- Business Economics
- Corporate Management
- Human Resources Management
- Information Technology Management
- Marketing Management
- Operations and Enterprise Resource Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Real Estate Management
B.S. – Business Administration - Degree Roadmaps
B.A. – Economics with a concentration (option) in the following areas:
- General Economics
- Social Science Economics
- Statistical Economics
B.A. – Economics - Degree Roadmaps
Minors available for Non-Business Administration Majors:
- Business Administration
- Information Technology Systems
Minors available for all Majors:
- Economics (not available for Economics Majors)
- International Business
What is the College of Business and Economics Advising Center? It is a place where students can get answers to their most frequently asked questions in a relaxed, private environment. The Center is open to enrolled students and to those planning to transfer to CSUEB.
- What is the difference between a major, an option, and a minor?
- What classes transfer to CSUEB for my major and/or minor?
- What classes should I take? In what order?
- What do I do if I am placed on probation? What do I do if I am disqualified from CSUEB?
- When do I file for graduation? How do I postpone graduation?
The Advising Center can also answer general questions regarding:
- Grade Forgiveness
- Open University
- CSUEB Polices and Procedures
- Credit/No Credit and Auditing of Classes
- Registration – Who, When & What time
- Waiting List Policy for the University
For information about advising - click here
Other Sources of Helpful Information:
- Need a tutor? Visit the Student Center for Academic Achievement (SCAA) located in the University Library Upper Mall (UM) – (510) 885-3674 – http://www20.csueastbay.edu/library/scaa – The SCAA provides help in English, Math, and Statistics. They also offer workshops in Time Management, Effective Study Skills, and Preparation for the Writing Skills Test (WST).
- Testing Office – WA 245– (510) 885-3661 – http://csueastbay.edu/testing
- Looking toward the future? Visit the Academic Advising and Career Education – Students Services & Administration Building (SA), Suite 2300 – (510) 885-3621. http://www20.csueastbay.edu/library/scaa - Explore careers, find internships, get information on job fairs/recruitment events, attend workshops, and more.
- Questions on transferability of courses from a junior college? Visit www.assist.org
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org - College of Business & Economics - Student Service Center