Graduate Programs Office
VBT 430, firstname.lastname@example.org, 510-885-2419
What is the College of Business & Economics Graduate Programs Office?
The College of Business & Economics (CBE) Graduate Programs Office is a one-stop service center where students can get answers to their questions related to CBE's graduate studies. The Office responds to enrolled and prospective students, and those planning to transfer to CSUEB.
The CBE Graduate Programs Office services include the following:
- Provides information and advising for prospective and current students about the different graduate degrees that are offered within the college
- Processes applications for MBA, MA Economics, MSBA, and fourth year bridge programs
- Maintains the academic files of all graduate programs within CBE*
- Processes major graduation checks
- Handles all registration-related activities for CBE graduate level classes
- Assists students in academic program-related matters.
*For each student, a student folder is on file within the Graduate Programs office and is available for student's reference. It includes transcripts, test scores, evaluation of courses taken, a major check (if applicable), and copies of any substitution/equivalency forms submitted to the office.
General Questions and Online Sources for Answers
- Applying to CSUEB – Apply Online. Once you have submitted your online application, you can follow your application's progress at https://my.csueastbay.edu
- Registering – https://my.csueastbay.edu – Remember to verify your class enrollments
- Checking your grades – Approximately 7-10 days after the close of the quarter, grades are available online at https://my.csueastbay.edu. (Not available by phone)
- Requesting Official Transcripts – Current students and students who have graduated since 1995 may order transcripts online at https://my.csueastbay.edu or by calling 1-888-290-0688.
- Blackboard – The Blackboard program provides an electronic community and communication environment for faculty and students, as well as a course management system for faculty wishing to place course information on the web. Once you register for a class you are automatically added to the Blackboard account for each of your classes. Instructors may list the course syllabus, office hours, email address, homework, lectures, etc. online for students to access. Some courses also have chat rooms where students enrolled in all sections of a particular class can chat about the course content – http://csuhbb.csueastbay.edu/
Frequently Asked Questions that Graduate Programs Office can answer:
- Open University
- CSUEB Graduate Programs Policies and Procedures
- Registration – Who, When & What time
- Waiting List Policy for the University
- Probation/Disqualification Policy
- Course Transfer Policy and Procedure
- Filing for Graduation
- Postponing Graduation
- A Student's Major Requirements - Contact the CBE Graduate Office at email@example.com for a specific inquiry
To schedule an advising appointment: Appointments are made one week in advance. Appointments are in 20 minute increments. Late arrivals risk being bumped and not being seen. To schedule an appointment, please call the graduate programs office at 510-885-2419.
List of Current Majors and options:
MBA with Options: – Roadmaps & Tentative 2 year schedule
- Human Resources and Organizational Behavior
- Information Technology Management
- Marketing Management
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Strategy and International Business
M.A. – Economics - Degree Roadmaps & Tentative 2 year schedule
M.S.B.A. Business Analytics Option
4th Year Bridge Program
Other Sources of Helpful Information:
- Need a tutor? Visit the Student Center for Academic Achievement (SCAA) located at LI 2550 – (510) 885-3674 – http://www20.csueastbay.edu/library/scaa – The SCAA provides help in English, Math, and Statistics. They also offer workshops in Time Management, Effective Study Skills, and Preparation for the Writing Skills Test (WST).
- Institutional Research & Assessment - Testing Office – WA 245– (510) 885-3661 – http://csueastbay.edu/testing
- Looking toward the future? Visit the Academic Advising & Career Education – SA 2300 – (510) 885-3621. http://www20.csueastbay.edu/academic/academic-support/aace/index.html – Explore careers, find internships, get information on job fairs/recruitment events, attend workshops, and more.
- Questions on transferability of courses from a junior college? Visit www.assist.org