At the Intersection of Change and Opportunity
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the cost of tuition for the Full Time MBA?
- Does the MBA degree come with any option?
- Can I obtain credit for courses taken in other programs or at other schools?
- I have a part-time job now, can I enroll in the program?
Yes, as long as your work doesn’t conflict with the class schedule. The classes are offered from Monday to Thursday, 9:00am to 12:30pm.
- My undergraduate degree is not in Business, can I enroll in the program?
- Are there any classes offered online?
- How many school terms are there and how long is each school term?
The MBA program is offered on a quarter base. There are four quarters each year, and each quarter is 10 weeks long.
- If I have to miss some classes for one quarter, what will happen?
You can come back to take the missed courses with another cohort the next year, and complete your degree.
- I have less than five years work experience and I have not taken the GMAT yet, can I enroll in the class now and take the GMAT later?
No. You should take the GMAT if you have less than five years work experience. Find a test center close to you here.
- Where is the program offered?
The campus is located at the Oakland Professional Development & Conference Center, 1000 Broadway, Suite 109, Oakland, CA. It is right next to the 12th St. Oakland City Center Bart station. For a map of the Oakland Center, please click here.
- When does the program start?
- When will I graduate?
- Do I receive the same MBA degree as students at the Hayward campus?
- When is the application deadline?
April 15, 2013 for summer 2013.
- What is the course schedule?
Four courses each quarter from Monday to Thursday. One class per day from 9am to 12:30pm.
- Is the cost of books included?
- What are the admission requirements?
Undergraduate degree. TOEFL for international students. Applicants with less than 5 years of work experience—GMAT required. Applicants with 5 years or more work experience— No GMAT required. An interview.
- Why is the full time program separated from the par time MBA program at the Hayward campus?
The full time MBA program is offered at a different campus, with a different schedule, and covers all the MBA courses in one year.
- Is financial aid available?
You can apply for financial aid from CSUEB.
- Is a GMAT required?
Applicants with less than 5 years of work experience is required to have a GMAT. GMAT is not required for applicants with 5 years or more work experience.
- I have less than 5 years work experience and I have not taken the GMAT yet. Can I enroll in the class now and take the GMAT later?
No. You should take the GMAT if you have less than five years work experience. Find a test center close to you here. Applicants who wish to prepare for the exam should consider taking a GMAT Test Preparation course.
- How do I know if I have enough work experience to be exempt from the GMAT?
The applicants will have an interview with the program director or cohort leader.