Students with a baccalaureate degree in any subject from an accredited college or university may apply. Work experience is desirable, but not required.
To be considered for admission to the MSA program, each applicant is evaluated on the basis of:
- Past academic performance as reflected in undergraduate grade point average and subsequent coursework
- Results of the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) in verbal, quantitative and the Index Score:
- Both verbal and quantitative percentages must be greater than 20%
- Index score must be greater than 1,050 [Index Score = Upper Division GPA x 200 + Total GMAT].
- GRE equivalent scores are accepted.
- GMAT scores are waived if an applicant has passed all four parts of the US CPA Examination
- GMAT score may be waived if an applicant has completed an MBA degree from an AACSB accredited Business School.
- For additional information on GMAT or to register - GMAT
- For International students: demonstrated proof of English proficiency (e.g. TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based) or 79 (internet-based) or IELTS of 6.5 or above
- Relevant business experience
- Personal interview
Applying to the Program
- Submit an application form for the MSA program through CSU Mentor with an application fee of $55
- Send the following required documents:
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- Official GMAT (or GRE) score – Request GMAT use code TCV-K9-86
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores
- Personal statement (include on the application form or send with documents)
- A resume of relevant business experience
- Recommendation letters are recommended, but not required
Send the above application documents to:
Dr. Nancy Mangold
Director, MSA Program
College of Business and Economics
California State University, East Bay
25800 Carlos Bee Blvd.
Hayward, CA 94542