Master of Science in Accountancy
California State University, East Bay's Master of Science in Accountancy (MSA) program is an AACSB accredited, high quality accounting program designed to prepare students for entry into the accounting profession.
The MSA program provides students with the 36 accounting-education units required for the U.S. Certified Public Accountants (CPA) exam. The program also satisfies both the accounting and ethics study of the new 150 hour educational requirements for CPA licensure in California (effective in California starting January 1, 2014).
Graduates of the MSA program will have opportunities to pursue a wide range of professional accounting careers in public accounting firms, corporations, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations.
This is a cohort based program. There will be one cohort each year starting in the Fall quarter. Students are guaranteed the program courses to be able to complete the entire program in one year (four quarters).
- Professional Accounting Knowledge: The MSA program provides students with knowledge and understanding of financial accounting and reporting standards, auditing and attestation standards, business environment and concepts, and regulation for a variety of private and public sectors.
- Professional Accounting Competence: The MSA program provides students with competencies to understand the general business environment and to apply knowledge in preparing and analyzing financial reports, executing auditing and attestation tasks, and integrating business law and tax concepts.
- Ethics: Students receiving an MSA degree will develop an understanding of ethical responsibilities in financial reporting to stakeholders and business' social responsibility to society.
- Communication Skills: The program prepares students to effectively communicate with stakeholders using both verbal and written communications.
- Collaboration, Teamwork, and Leadership: The program prepares students to demonstrate effective collaboration, teamwork, and leadership skills in a multicultural team environment both as a team member and team leader.
Who Should Attend
- Accounting or non-accounting professionals interested in pursuing an accounting career or CPA licensure in California, including California residents, other state residents, and international students.
- Accounting or non-accounting students interested in pursuing an accounting career or CPA licensure in California.
|Type of degree conferred:||MS Degree|
|Number of courses:||Number of courses: 12 courses (45 units). 3 MSA program courses will be offered each quarter and 12 courses will be offered over 4 quarters.|
|Program length:||Program length: 1 year (four quarters, excluding foundation courses)|
|Current tuition costs:||*2013 Cohort Cost
Current tuition costs: $24,975 excluding foundation courses.
Tuition fees for subsequent cohorts are subject to change.
The best business schools
in the world.