Department Admissions - Personal Information
During the Department admissions process, you will be asked to supply personal information.
Information Safe Guarding Practices
- We will make a concerted effort to protect and safeguard your personal information
- Your information will be used to process your application and to support your future activities as a student and alumnus
- We will not release your information without your consent
Why do we need your Social Security Number?
- To verify your application with your other sources of information such as your college transcripts, standardized test results, and previous state credentials
- To verify your department application with your CSUEB University Application (link to Mentor). A University application is required to be a matriculated student in our programs
- If you wish to attain a credential after completing your program here, we use your SSN to file a credential recommendation with the state of California
What if you don't have an SSN?
- On the university admissions application, you may leave this field blank. The university will then assign a random unique identifier number to your account.
- You may also leave this field blank on the department application; however, keep in mind that a valid SSN is required by the State for a credential document.