Credential Outreach and Recruitment Events
Updated on April 12, 2014
This page provides information about upcoming recruitment events and opportunities related to CSUEB credential programs and College of Education and Allied Studies (CEAS) outreach efforts to help strengthen the pipeline to those interested in educational programs of study. Note: The Job Recruitment Fairs and Hiring Events section does not constitute an endorsement by the CSSC or CSUEB. Please scroll down the page to find the program of your interest area to find out more!
Cal State East Bay Campus Events
The events in this subsection are not credential recruitment events, however, we thought they may be of interest to credential candidates.
- Pathway to Graduate School --Wednesday, January 29, 2014 at 6pm to 8pm. Registration and information tables open at 5:30pm. For more information, please visit GradEvents.
- Welcome Day -- Saturday, April 26, 2014 at 8:30am - 12:30pm. Registration and information, please click here.
Job Recruitment Fairs and Hiring Events
- Alameda County Office of Education (ACOE) is hosting a Job Fair -- in Hayward on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 at the ACOE office, 313 W. Winton Avenue, for more information, visit ACOE.
Events Related to Two or More Credential Programs and College Outreach Events
- Using HipHop Pedagogy to Engage Learning -- February 12, 2013; 5:00-8:00pm, for more information. This event has passed.
- Credentials Chat 101 -- Once a month via Facebook, Laty Johnson, Director of the Credential Student Service Center (CSSC), will be reaching out to those with questions about the credentials programs offered at CSUEB. (Remember not to post any personal information like your address, phone number, net id, etc.)
- CSUEB Preview Day 2011 -- Saturday, October 29, 2011 at 8:30am - 12:30pm at Hayward Campus. Meet the CSSC Director and other campus faculty and staff to explore degrees, credentials, and certificates at CSUEB. Please view the event website for more information. This event has passed.
- Teach Tomorrow Oakland (TTO) Recruitment Event - Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 6:00pm to 7:30pm. For more information, please contact TTO at www.teachtomorrowinoakland.net
Administrative Services Credential Programs
- Fall 2014 - Cohort Partnership with Hayward Unified School District - Information Meeting on Tuesday, May 6, 2014 from :30pm-5:30pm at the Alameda County Office of Education, 313 W. Winton Avenue room 140 in Hayward.
Education Specialists (Special Education) Credential Programs
- Applications are now being accepted for Fall 2013 entry for Masters in Special Education and/or Credential: Educational Specialist, Level I. For program information and upcoming Orientation sessions, go to the department's website.
- Special Education Information Session -- Thursday, February 27, 2014 from 7:30pm to 9pm at Hayward Campus, located in the Arts & Education building, room 253. Attend this informational evening with program coordinators to learn more about the program offerings, read more.
Pupil Personnel Services (School Counseling or School Psychology) Credential Programs
- Applications are now OPEN for Fall 2014 entry. For program information and upcoming Orientation sessions, go to the department's website.
Speech-Language Pathology Credential Program
- The department accepts applications postmarked January 1 through February 15 for the following Fall only; applications received prior to January 1 will be sent back. For program information about the program and application requirements, read more.
Teaching Credential Programs
Future Math and Science Teachers Scholars Program application - Deadline extended to ongoing.
This is an $1000 scholarship opportunity available for JUNIORS.
- Teaching Credential Information Sessions (CIS) are free informational evenings whereby you can obtain program information and admissions overview for earning a Multiple Subject or Single Subject Teaching Credential including TEDSPED route. Prospective Multiple or Single Subject Teaching Credential Applicants are invited, but not required, to attend these sessions. It is best to attend a session in the year in which you plan to apply to the program since requirements may change from year-to-year.The format for each session will be the same. Sessions take place at 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM and include a PowerPoint Presentation followed by an open forum for general questions. Detailed, specific situations will best be addressed by sending us an email.
*Thursday, April 3rd Concord Campus / 6:30pm - 7:30pm / This event has passed.
*Wednesday, April 9th Hayward Campus / 7:00pm - 8:00pm / This event has passed.
Thursday, May 15th Hayward Campus / 6:30pm - 7:30pm / Biella Room (Library)
Tuesday, June 3rd Hayward Campus / 6:30pm - 7:30pm / Arts & Education Bldg, room 142A
* A faculty member from the Educational Psychology Department will stop by the session to answer questions about Special Education (TEDSPED) -- subject to change without notice. (for current CSUEB credential candidates) - Earn a Master of Science in Education, Option in Curriculum - Highlights include: auto-transfer 13 units, only a 4-quarter program. Read more.
View Teaching Credential Information Online
In lieu of attending a Teaching Credential Information Session, applicants are encouraged to view the credential information PowerPoint Presentation found on our Forms and Documents webpage. Please note that the PowerPoint Presentation in the session is the same as the one found online. For other credential programs, please contact the respective credential program department about the latest admissions information.
Campus Parking and Directions
Parking fees and direction information is found at http://www20.csueastbay.edu/about/visitor-information/maps-campus-locations/. Parking regulations are enforced 24 hours.
For more information, call (510) 885-2272 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.