Credential Outreach and Recruitment Events
Updated on December 4, 2013
This page provides information about upcoming recruitment events and opportunities related to CSUEB credential programs and College of Education and Allied Studies (CEAS) outreach efforts to help strengthen the pipeline to those interested in educational programs of study. Note: The Job Recruitment Fairs and Hiring Events section does not constitute an endorsement by the CSSC or CSUEB. Please scroll down the page to find the program of your interest area to find out more!
Cal State East Bay Campus Events
The events in this subsection are not credential recruitment events, however, we thought they may be of interest to credential candidates.
- ASI - RAW Facebook Giveaway Event -- The RAW Center will be having a random drawing of any CSUEB student that "Likes" the 'ASI Recreation (CSUEB)' Facebook page and the drawing will take place on Friday, January 11, 2013. See flyer. This event has passed.
- AACE Summer Workshops for Students --Attached is a list of 8 summer workshops that Academic Advising and Career Education is presenting in July and August. Registration is not required. The target audience is recent graduates and alumni, however, the workshops are open to all CSUEB students.
- CSUEB "Active Shooter Preparedness" Workshops -- April 24, 2012 at 12-1pm at Concord Campus in Oak Room; May 3, 2012 at 12-1pm at Hayward Campus in New Union Multipurpose Room, read more. This event has passed.
- Pathway to Graduate School --Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 6pm to 8pm. Registration and information tables open at 5:30pm. For more information, please visit GradEvents. This event has passed.
Job Recruitment Fairs and Hiring Events
- Teachers Job Fair--in Walnut Creek at Brandman University on Saturday, August 3, 2013 from 9am - 1pm, read more This event has passed.
- Teachers Job Fair--in Walnut Creek on Saturday, January 26, 2013 from 10am to 2pm, read more. This event has passed.
- Teacher Recruitment with San Francisco, Oakland, and San Lorenzo -- at CSUEB in the Arts and Education Building, room 379 on Tuesday, May 29, 2012 starting at 7:30pm. These districts will be presenting their opportunities for employment as a Special Education teachers. They have several openings, please join us! This event has passed.
- Alameda County Office of Education (ACOE) is hosting a Job Fair -- in Hayward on Wednesday, April 24, 2013 from 11am-3:30pm at the ACOE office, 313 W. Winton Avenue, read more This event has passed.
- San Francisco Coalition of Essential Small Schools is hosting a Small School Job Fair -- in San Francisco on Saturday, April 14, 2012 at John O'Connell High School, read more. This event has passed.
Events Related to Two or More Credential Programs and College Outreach Events
- Using HipHop Pedagogy to Engage Learning -- February 12, 2013; 5:00-8:00pm, for more information. This event has passed.
- Credentials Chat 101 -- Once a month via Facebook, Laty Johnson, Director of the Credential Student Service Center (CSSC), will be reaching out to those with questions about the credentials programs offered at CSUEB. (Remember not to post any personal information like your address, phone number, net id, etc.)
- CSUEB Preview Day 2011 -- Saturday, October 29, 2011 at 8:30am - 12:30pm at Hayward Campus. Meet the CSSC Director and other campus faculty and staff to explore degrees, credentials, and certificates at CSUEB. Please view the event website for more information. This event has passed.
- National Pacific Islander Educator Forum Conference -- Saturday, November 12, 2011 at 8:30am - 3pm at Paramount High School, Paramount, CA. Meet the CSSC Director, CSUEB recruiter, and other educators to learn about higher education and possible pathways at CSUEB. Please view the event website for more information. This event has passed.
- Gates Millennium Scholars Bridge Builders Forum -- Saturday, November 19, 2011 at 9:30am - 2pm at Hayward Campus. Position your self to earn free money for college with the Gates Millennium Scholars Progam. Please view the event website for more information. This event has passed.
- African American/Latino Education Summit -- Saturday, February 25, 2012 at Hayward Campus. Please view the event website for more information. This event has passed.
- Asian American/Pacific Islander Education Summit -- Saturday, May 19, 2012 at Hayward Campus. Please view the event website for information. This event has passed.
- CSUEB 5th Annual Veteran Welcome Reception and Informational Presentation -- January 25, 2012 at 2:30pm, in the New University Union, Multipurpose Room 1001 B, at Hayward Campus. This is a great opportunity for new and returning veteran students to learn about credential programs and other education-related programs. RSVP to the event organizer, email@example.com. This event has passed.
- Credential Candidate Workshops - Thursday, April 26, 2012 & Tuesday, May 15, 2012, both 4:30pm to 5:30pm. Come meet with the Director of the Credential Student Service Center to learn important information and ask questions about credentials at California State University, East Bay and more! read more This event has passed.
- 10th Annual Day of the Teacher Conference -- Saturday, April 28, 2012 at 8:30am - 2:30pm at Concord Campus, early bird registration $15 until April 15th; $20 thereafter, read more! This event has passed.
Administrative Services Credential Programs
- Preliminary Administrative Services Credntial - Fall 2012 Cohort Partnership with New Haven Unified School District Office - Information Meeting on
Wednesday, May 24, 2012 from 3:45pm-5pm at the Pleasanton Unified School District Office in the Bernal Room, read more. This event has passed.
- Preliminary Administrative Services Credntial - Fall 2012 Cohort Partnership with New Haven Unified School District Office - Information Meeting on Wednesday, May 30, 2012 from 3:30pm-4:30pm at the New Haven Unified School District Office, read more This event has passed.
- Fall 2012 - Cohort Partnership with Hayward Unified School District - Information Meeting on Tuesday, June 12, 2012 from 3:30pm-4:30pm at the Alameda County Office of Education, 313 W. Winton Avenue room L-1 in Hayward. This event has passed.
Education Specialists (Special Education) Credential Programs
- Applications are now being accepted for Fall 2013 entry for Masters in Special Education and/or Credential: Educational Specialist, Level I. For program information and upcoming Orientation sessions, go to the department's website.
- Adaptation Fair for Inclusive Education -- November 7, 2013 from 4:30pm to 7:00pm in the Biella Room in the CSUEB library. For teachers, prospective teacers, general education teachers, parents, and everyone else who is interested, read more This event has passed.
- Special Education Information Session -- Thursday, April 4, 2013 from 7:30pm to 9pm at Hayward Campus, AE Room 385. Attend this informational evening with program coordinators to learn more about the program offerings, read more This event has passed.
Pupil Personnel Services (School Counseling or School Psychology) Credential Programs
- Applications are now OPEN for Fall 2014 entry. For program information and upcoming Orientation sessions, go to the department's website.
Speech-Language Pathology Credential Program
- The department accepts applications postmarked January 1 through February 15 for the following Fall only; applications received prior to January 1 will be sent back. For program information about the program and application requirements, read more.
Teaching Credential Programs
Bachelor's Plus Early Pathway (BPEP) Orientation - Please join us to learn more about earning your bachelor's degree in Liberal Studies and your Multiple Subject Teaching Credential at the same time. This event well be held on the Hayward Campus on November 5, 2013 at 10am in MI 4019 and on the Concord Campus on November 7, 2013 at 4:45pm in LB 149. This event has passed.
Physical Education Teaching (PET) option Fall Information Session - This event is open to all student enrolled in the PET option; taking place on Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 12pm - 1pm. For questions about the PET program, contact Dr. ZaNean McClain, firstname.lastname@example.org. This event has passed.
Future Math and Science Teachers Scholars Program application - Deadline extended to ongoing.
This is an $1000 scholarship opportunity available for JUNIORS.
- Teaching Credential Information Sessions (CIS) are free informational evenings whereby you can obtain program information and admissions overview for earning a Multiple Subject or Single Subject Teaching Credential including TEDSPED route. Prospective Multiple or Single Subject Teaching Credential Applicants are invited, but not required, to attend these sessions. It is best to attend a session in the year in which you plan to apply to the program since requirements may change from year-to-year.The format for each session will be the same. Sessions take place at 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM and include a PowerPoint Presentation followed by an open forum for general questions. Detailed, specific situations will best be addressed by sending us an email.
Wednesday, October 2nd Hayward Campus / 6:30pm - 7:30pm / This event has passed.
*Thursday, October 10th Hayward Campus / 6:30pm - 7:30pm / This event has passed.
*Wednesday, October 23rd Concord Campus / 6:30pm - 7:30pm / This event has passed.
*Tuesday, November 5th Hayward Campus / 6:30pm - 7:30pm / This event has passed.
Thursday, November 14th Concord Campus / 6:30pm - 7:30pm / This event has passed.
*Thurday, November 21st Hayward Campus / 7:00pm - 8:00pm /Biella Room in Library
*Tuesday, December 10th Concord Campus / 6:30pm - 7:30pm / AS 202
Wednesday, December 18th Hayward Campus / 6:30pm - 7:30pm /Arts & Education, room 239
* A faculty member from the Educational Psychology Department will stop by the session to answer questions about Special Education (TEDSPED) -- subject to change without notice. (for current CSUEB credential candidates) - Earn a Master of Science in Education, Option in Curriculum - Highlights include: auto-transfer 13 units, only a 4-quarter program. Read more.
View Teaching Credential Information Online
In lieu of attending a Teaching Credential Information Session, applicants are encouraged to view the credential information PowerPoint Presentation found on our Forms and Documents webpage. Please note that the PowerPoint Presentation in the session is the same as the one found online. For other credential programs, please contact the respective credential program department about the latest admissions information.
Campus Parking and Directions
Parking fees and direction information is found at http://www20.csueastbay.edu/about/visitor-information/maps-campus-locations/. Parking regulations are enforced 24 hours.
For more information, call (510) 885-2272 or email email@example.com.