Credential Outreach and Recruitment Events
Updated on March 25, 2015
This page provides information about upcoming recruitment events and opportunities related to CSUEB credential programs and College of Education and Allied Studies (CEAS) outreach efforts to help strengthen the pipeline to those interested in educational programs of study. Note: The Job Recruitment Fairs and Hiring Events section does not constitute an endorsement by the CSSC or CSUEB. Please scroll down the page to find the program of your interest area to find out more!
Teaching Credential Programs
Teaching Credential Information Sessions (CIS) are free informational evenings whereby you can obtain program information and admissions overview for earning a Multiple Subject or Single Subject Teaching Credential including TEDSPED route. Prospective Multiple or Single Subject Teaching Credential Applicants are invited, but not required, to attend these sessions. It is best to attend a session in the year in which you plan to apply to the program since requirements may change from year-to-year.The format for each session will be the same. Sessions take place at 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM and include a PowerPoint Presentation followed by an open forum for general questions. Detailed, specific situations will best be addressed by sending us an email.
Tuesday, April 7th Hayward Campus / 6:30pm - 7:30pm / Biella Room (Library)
* A faculty member from the Educational Psychology Department will stop by the session to answer questions about Special Education (TEDSPED) -- subject to change without notice. (for current CSUEB credential candidates) - Earn a Master of Science in Education - Highlights include: auto-transfer 13 units, only a 4-quarter program. Read more.
View Teaching Credential Information Online
In lieu of attending a Teaching Credential Information Session, applicants are encouraged to view the credential information PowerPoint Presentation found on our Forms and Documents webpage. Please note that the PowerPoint Presentation in the session is the same as the one found online. For other credential programs, please contact the respective credential program department about the latest admissions information.
Cal State East Bay Campus Events
The events in this subsection are not credential recruitment events, however, we thought they may be of interest to credential candidates.
- CSUEB Graducate School Fair --Thursday, October 23, 2014 at 11am to 2pm. For more information, please visit GradEvents.
Job Recruitment Fairs and Hiring Events
- Alameda County Office of Education (ACOE) is hosting a Job Fair -- in Hayward on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 at the ACOE office, 313 W. Winton Avenue, for more information, visit ACOE. This event has passed.
School districts throughout the Bay Area are working with Cal State East Bay with a goal of developing a leadership core within district's teaching force. We will be offering Informational Meetings to discuss the program and admissions process. We will be having our Informational Meetings from 4pm to 5pm at the following locations:
Burlingame: Tuesday, February 4, 2015 at Burlingame High School, 1 Mangini Way, Burlingame in the Alumni Room.
Richmond: Monday, March 9, 2015 at Serra Adult School, 6028 Ralston Avenue in Richmond (room TBD)
Concord: Thursday, March 26, 2015 at the Willow Creek Center, 1026 Mohr Lane, Concord (room TBD)
Hayward: Friday, April 24, 2015 at the Alameda County Office of Education, 313 W. Winton Avenue (room TBD)
Fremont: Thursday, February 26, 2015 at the Fremont Unified School District
Education Specialists (Special Education) Credential Programs
- Applications are now being accepted for Fall 2014 entry for Masters in Special Education and/or Credential: Preliminary Educational Specialist. For program information and upcoming Orientation sessions, go to the department's website.
- Special Education Information Session -- Thursday, February 27, 2014 from 7:30pm to 9pm at Hayward Campus, located in the Arts & Education building, room 253. Attend this informational evening with program coordinators to learn more about the program offerings, read more. This event has passed.
Pupil Personnel Services (School Counseling or School Psychology) Credential Programs
- Applications for Fall 2015 entry will open on October 1, 2014. For program information and upcoming Orientation sessions, go to the department's website.
Speech-Language Pathology Credential Program
- The department accepts applications postmarked January 1 through February 15 for the following Fall only; applications received prior to January 1 will be sent back. For program information about the program and application requirements, read more.
Campus Parking and Directions
Parking fees and direction information is found at http://www20.csueastbay.edu/about/visitor-information/maps-campus-locations/. Parking regulations are enforced 24 hours.
For more information, call (510) 885-2272 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.