Apply to the Doctoral Program in the Department of Educational Leadership
1) Baccalaureate and master's degrees with graduate GPA of 3.0
2) Graduate Record Examination scores within the last 5 years.
3) Leadership skills & abilities in PK-12 shown in resume/CV.
4) Professional experiences demonstrating problem-solving ability and assessments of current educational policies and practices.
5) Three confidential recommendations forms.
6) Documented professional commitment to equity and social justice.
7) Employer/District Support Agreement stating support for candidate’s doctoral studies from employer.
8) Response to prompt concerning issues of school effectiveness and the challenges facing leaders in bringing about sustained change
that will result in equitable outcomes for all California students.
9) Portfolio one to three artifacts demonstrating leadership in student learning outcomes – include a brief paragraph that identifies the
issue represented, the desired goal, and what the item illustrates about the candidate’s competencies.
Admission Requirements (PDF)
Admissions Procedure: Our program begins in the Summer quarter with an orientation in early June. Selected applicants will be asked to complete on online California State University, East Bay application. Please note that you must be admitted into the ELSJ program prior to submitting you application to the university.