1) A Baccalaureate degree and Master's degree from an accredited institution with a minimum 3.0 GPA
2) Graduate Record Examination scores within the last 5 years.
3) Leadership skills and abilities in education or closely related field as shown in resume/CV.
4) Professional experiences demonstrating problem-solving ability and assessments of current educational policies and practices.
5) Three confidential recommendations forms.
6) Documented professional commitment to equity and social justice.
7) Employer/District Support Agreement stating support for candidate’s doctoral studies from employer.
8) A written response to a writing prompt concerning issues of school effectiveness.
How To Apply
1. Apply to the department using the online application.
2. Email the following supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Writing Prompt
- Three Recommendations
- Employer Statement of Support
- Unofficial copy of GRE scores (from within the past five years) or documentation of upcoming test date confirmation
3. Mail two sets of official degree-bearing college/university transcripts to
Department of Educational Leadership
California State University East Bay
25800 Carlos Bee Blvd
Hayward, CA 94542
4. If selected, participate in an interview with Admission Committee.
5. Apply to the University only after receiving notification from the Department. Submit an application through CSU Mentor to Cal State East Bay and pay the $55 nonrefundable application fee. Be sure to print the application submission confirmation page for your records. Submit all required documents (which includes transcripts from ALL colleges/universities attended, including community colleges).
Department Priority Deadline
Priority Admission Deadlinet: February 1, 2016
Download these forms for your convinience.
Recommendation Form (3 required)