Credential Student Service Center (CSSC) provides a range of services to those pursuing credentials, including:
- Advisement regarding credential requirements in all programs;
- Initial screening for credential program requirements;
- Housing of student records;
- Monitoring of progress towards credentials;
- Verification of credential program completion;
- Making the official credential recommendation to the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC).
At a time when media, modes of communication, and contexts converge in our careers and daily lives, the department offers the first state-university program in the Bay Area to cover this interrelated spectrum of today's communication in new and traditional forms.