Immigration Information

f1immigrationCal State East Bay's Center for International Education (CIE) serves as a resource for F-1 student immigration advice. Immigration information provided in this section includes:

Upon Arrival at Cal State East Bay

All new international students should check-in immediately with the Center for International Education (CIE) at the Student Services Hub, Room 1325. Please bring your I-94, passport, and all I-20s with you.

If you are transferring from another school in the U.S. (from any level - high school, undergraduate, or graduate) as an F-1 student, you must complete the transfer of your immigration status to Cal State East Bay within 15 days of the beginning of the quarter.

I-20 / I-94 Stamps

If you have recently arrived from outside the United States, Officials from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) stamped your I-20 and I-94 card, and returned pages 3 and 4 of your I-20 to you.

Make sure that your I-94 card is marked "F-1" and "D/S" (Duration of Status) and that your I-20 is stamped in the top right-hand corner of page 3. Duration of Status means you may stay as long as you follow the rules and maintain F-1 status, even if the F-1 visa in your passport expires while you are in the U.S.

Immigration Advising

Advisors at the Center for International Education (CIE) provide immigration advising for F-1 students, and can meet with you to discuss issues such as: Applications for Change of Status to F-1, maintaining valid F-1 status, travel , re-entry to the United States, and employment options as an F-1 student. In addition, the advisors can assist you in understanding and locating campus services available to students at Cal State East Bay.

Advisors are available by appointment. To schedule and appointment, you may call the Center for International Education at (510) 885-2880.

  • Print This Page
  • Bookmark and Share