Resources for Study in English
The CSUEB University Libraries have some great resources for our use. On their home page, they offer a subject page that lists the resources that are available for your use. In order to access these resources from a computer off campus, you will be asked to login with your net ID and password.
Citation and Documentation
Go to the University Libraries home page (library.csueastbay.edu), scroll down to the “How to” section on the right, and click “Cite Your Sources.” This will give you links to a variety of web links (such as the OWL at Purdue, Diana Hacker, and Duke University, and CSUEB tutorials (which require flash and the ability to activate sound)
Intellectual Property, Copyright, and Plagiarism
- Plagiarism by Sharon Stoner
Reference Works: Encyclopedias, Dictionaries, Translation Services
- Bartelby Online
Check Bartleby for manyl kinds of online reference works.
- Bartlett's Quotations
- Free Online Dictionaries
This is a sloppy site, but it offers links to a wide range of dictionaries. To use it, scroll down to "Category Index."
- Information Please Dictionary and Encyclopedia
- Internet Public Library
- Systran: Information and Translation Technology
This service will also translate entire web pages for you.
- Translating Resources
Online Handbooks and Online Writing Labs
- The Elements of Style
- Indespensible Writing Resources
- The Nuts and Bolts of College Writing
- Online Writing Labs
Resources for Literary Study
- Books Online
- Poetry Online
- American Authors: Literary Movements and Timeline
All kinds of things in here to help with your study of literature.
- Floren's English Resources
- Modern American Poetry
- Poets.org: The Academy of American Poets
- Rutger's Literary Resources on the Net
- Thinkers World Literature Information
- The Voice of the Shuttle