Fall 2014 - For PRIORITY consideration the deadline for all departmental documents will be 04/15/14 at 6:00 pm.
- For SPACE AVAILABLE consideration the deadline for all departmental documents will be 06/30/14 at 6:00 pm.
The MPA degree program is open to students planning careers in public organizations who have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution. Admission will be granted based upon the Admission Committee's overall assessment of the student's qualifications and academic/career potential, using the following criteria:
- Cumulative andergraduate GPA of at least 2.5;
Students with GPA below 2.5 will not be considered for admission.
- Statement of Purpose in pursuing the MPA degree. In a 1-2 page essay double-spaced, please explain who you are, your career goals and how the MPA degree will help you achieve those goals;
- Two letters of academic and/or professional recommendation (on professional letterhead - company or educational institution stationery). The letter writers should include how they know you, if they think you would be successful in the program and why. Letters must be current, dated and signed.
- Professional resume/vita;
- All undergraduate/graduate transcripts. (These must be sent directly to University Admissions - NOT the Department.)
All applicants must submit an online Graduate Admission application declaring Public Administration as a degree objective, and transcripts, at http://www.csumentor.edualong with a non-refundable fee. For the "Statement of Purpose" and "References" sections on the CSU Mentor application, applicants may put "submitted directly to the department."
In addition, applicants must also submit the above application materials (Statement of Purpose, 2 letters of reference and resume) directly to the Department of Public Affairs and Administration at the following address:
California State University East Bay
Department of Public Affairs and Administration
25800 Carlos Bee Boulevard, MI 4122
Hayward, CA 94542-3040
The Department cannot accept materials sent electronically. We prefer all documents be mailed to us but will accept faxed documents if necessary. The Department fax number is 510 885-3726.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO PUT YOUR NAME ON EACH AND EVERY PAGE OF ALL DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED TO THE DEPARTMENT!
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT BOTH YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION TO THE UNIVERSITY AND THE ABOVE MATERIALS TO BE SUBMITTED DIRECTLY TO THE DEPARTMENT MUST BE POSTMARKED OR RECEIVED BY THE APPLICATION DEADLINES.
Applicants will be notified of the Department's decision via email. Applicants will be required to confirm acceptance of admission by the deadline stated in the email or the offer may be withdrawn.
California State University, East Bay is tuition-free to California residents. Fees are set by the Board of Trustees and are subject to change.