"Gaining Access 'N Academic Success"
"Donde hay GANAS hay maña”
“Where there's a will, there's a way”
GANAS is a new program at Cal State East Bay that targets and serves newly arrived community college transfer students. The GANAS model offers integrated academic and cultural approaches that welcome and socialize new transfer students while increasing their confidence, engagement, resiliency, academic success, persistence, and, ultimately, baccalaureate degree attainment rates. GANAS is open to all students. It provides a supportive environment that focuses on Latina/o and multicultural content.
Benefits to Students
As a GANAS student you will receive the following benefits:
- Complete your upper-division GE (B6, C4, D4, and CGW) in a cohort during your first year at CSUEB
- Learn strategies for success in university and life
- Enhance your academic skills
- Receive counseling, tutoring, and financial aid workshops
- Be paired with a mentor
GANAS Program Requirements
- Enroll in one Upper Division GE course and a one-unit GANAS seminar every quarter your first year
- Meet with a GANAS counselor at least two (2) times per quarter
- Regularly meet with a GANAS mentor
Questions about the GANAS program?
Meetings by arrangement
- April 1, 2013 GANAS Application Opens
- May 15, 2013 GANAS Application Deadline
- Apply to GANAS!