"Donde hay GANAS hay maña”
“Where there's a will, there's a way”
GANAS is an innovative access and retention program at Cal State East Bay that targets and serves newly arrived community college transfer students. The GANAS model offers integrated academic and cultural approaches that welcome and socialize new transfer students while increasing their confidence, engagement, resiliency, academic success, persistence, and, ultimately, baccalaureate degree attainment rates. GANAS is open to all students. It provides a supportive environment that focuses on Latina/o and multicultural content.
Benefits to Students
As a GANAS student you will receive the following benefits:
- Complete your upper-division GE (B6, C4, D4, and CGW) in a cohort during your first year at CSUEB
- Learn strategies for success in university and life
- Enhance your academic skills
- Receive counseling, tutoring, and financial aid workshops
- Be paired with a mentor
GANAS Program Requirements
- Enroll in one Upper Division GE course and a one-unit GANAS seminar every quarter your first year
- Meet with a GANAS counselor at least two (2) times per quarter
- Regularly meet with a GANAS mentor
California State University, East Bay
25800 Carlos Bee Blvd.
Support Trailer (ST) 80
Phone: (510) 885-2960
Fax: (510) 885-4687
Meetings by prior arrangement.
- December 16, 2013 GANAS Application Opens - Space is limited, applicants are encoureaged to apply early!
- January 6, 2014 - CSUEB Transfer Student Application Deadline
- March 2, 2014 - GANAS Priority Application Deadline - Documents received after the priority deadline will still be accepted on a space-available basis
- March 2, 2014 - FAFSA Submission Deadline for Priority Consideration
- Apply to GANAS!