Academic Advising and Career Counseling at the Concord Campus
The Concord Campus academic advisor and career counselor guides admitted undergraduate students in understanding and completing all General Education and graduation requirements, in addition to helping clarify and attain career goals.
If you have not been admitted to the University you are required to see a pre-admission advisor and attend an prospective student information session.
When should you contact a counselor?
- When you have questions about general education and graduation requirements
- When you need career resource guidance
- When you have questions about your academic path to graduation
- When you are not sure how to register for classes
How do I make an appointment with the Concord Advisor?
- In Person at the Academic Services Lobby
- Via Phone by calling 925-602-6700
Major Advising is provided by academic departments. Please contact your department directly to meet with a major advisor.
- CSUEB catalog should be read by all students at Cal State East Bay. The catalog contains important information regarding grading policies, dropping classes, fees, deadlines, and services offered.
- Important Dates to remember
- Academic Advising and Career Education (AACE) offers many online resources for both academic advising and career development including resume writing, job search assistance, internships and job fairs.
To register for upcoming classes available through Academic Advising and Career Education:
Visit www.csueastbay.edu/aace, Log into CBAY on the right side
Click on Student/Alumni and log in using your Net ID and password
Choose the Workshop tab and RSVP for your desired workshop date
Check your Horizon email to verify that you have registered for the workshop.
You need a CBAY account to access workshops and classes.
Accessibility Services at Concord
An accessibilty counselor is available on the Concord campus twice a week to help make modifications for student accesibility needs. Services can include note taking, room modifications, additional time for tests or use of tools and devices to support student learning. Contact the accessibilty services office at 925-602-6716 to make an appointment or visit here to learn more about services provided.