Health, the second largest industry in our country, employs over 8.0 million workers. Physicians represent only 7% of this work force. There are over 200 other professions in the health field. Job opportunities and degree of competition for admission to clinical training vary considerably among geographic areas, states, and the individual professions. Careful planning for a primary profession and one or more alternate careers is a must. The B.S. degree with a major in Health Sciences offers a program with large blocks of elective courses tailored to meet career needs. Students should contact the department for a personal planning appointment.
Department of Nursing and Health Sciences
Dept. Office: North Science Building, Room 143
Phone: (510) 885-3481
Fax: (510) 885-2156
Office Hours: 8–5, M–F
- East Bay Singers, conducted by Buddy James, to perform March 8 at Old Mission San Jose
- C.E. Smith Museum opens newest exhibit: 'The Woman with 1,000 Faces'
- Trumpeters McFadden, Olmos to perform with CSUEB Jazz Orchestra at Yoshi's March 10
- CSUEB's Brianna Terrance voted CCAA Women's Basketball Player of Week
- CSUEB's Hayward Campus to host Education Summit 2014 on March 8