Department of Physics
Physics is crucial to understanding the world around us, the world inside us, and the world beyond us. It is the most basic and fundamental science. Physics challenges our imaginations with concepts like relativity and string theory, and it leads to great discoveries, like computers and lasers, that change our lives. The physics department at CSUEB offers a comprehensive curriculum with a hands-on philosophy to learning that includes seven laboratory courses and a strong emphasis on undergradate research. The program prepares students for careers in basic research, science education, engineering and is an excellent foundation for professional school in medicine and patent law.
The Department of Physics
North Science 231
College of Science
Phone: (510) 885-3401
Fax: (510) 885-4803
Office Hours: 9–5, M–F
- East Bay Singers, conducted by Buddy James, to perform March 8 at Old Mission San Jose
- C.E. Smith Museum opens newest exhibit: 'The Woman with 1,000 Faces'
- Trumpeters McFadden, Olmos to perform with CSUEB Jazz Orchestra at Yoshi's March 10
- CSUEB's Brianna Terrance voted CCAA Women's Basketball Player of Week
- CSUEB's Hayward Campus to host Education Summit 2014 on March 8