About Engineering Pathways
Engineering Pathways is a collaboration between local bay area universities and community colleges to provide information and guidance in order to increase the number and quality of students entering engineering majors within bay area universities as transfer students or as incoming freshmen out of high school.
Engineering Pathways was created through a grant from S. D. Bechtel Jr. Foundation to provide:
- Clear and accessible information about transfer course requirements
- Frequent and ongoing communication between the participating community colleges and universities
- Mutual respect and trust between community colleges and universities at all levels
- Open dialogue between faculty and administrators at community colleges and universities addressing transfer issues, challenges, and obstacles
- Routine presence of four-year campus representatives at community colleges
- Coordinated student activities, including joint academic and pre-professional events and student tutoring at community colleges.
Only a subset of Bay Area universities and community colleges are represented on this web site.