PLTW Summer Training Institute
Core Training at CSUEB
Core Training is a two-week intensive course to give teachers an overview of the PLTW BMS courses to be taught to high school students. The courses are taught by Project Lead the Way Master Teachers. Teachers from across the Western Region are invited to take these courses for professional developments and preparation for their delivery in high schools. Our university has an agreement with PLTW to facilitate the delivery of the PLTW Biomedical Sciences program. We provide and coordinate activities such as professional development (i.e. Core Training and Counselor Conferences), college credit (i.e. graduate credit for teachers), and statewide/regional support and communication.
As a national affiliate CSUEB will offer: 1) Training opportunities for teachers, administrators and counselors; 2) Ongoing professional development for teachers and counselors; and 3) Graduate school credit opportunities for teachers. School counselors facilitate student success by promoting the program in the school; educating parents and students about the benefits of the program; and coordinating the choices that help students fit PLTW courses into their program of studies.
Schedule for Summer 2013 at CSUEB
Session: Sunday, July 07 to Friday July 19, 2013Courses:
- Principles of Biomedical Sciences (PBS) – 2 sections
- Human Body Systems (HBS) – 1 section
- Medical Interventions (MI) – 1 section
- Biomedical Innovation (BI) – 1 section
Registration Fees - $2,300 per course
Teachers register at the main PLTW website – pls view the FAQs here: (http://www.pltw.org/program-support/frequently-asked-questions#Core_Training_Affiliates) Includes lunch and parking. Late registration fee is $150 in addition to cost of session for registrations received less than 1 month before training start date.
Housing on Campus at Pioneer Student Housing
Includes breakfast and dinner all 14 days. Private room with bath, phone, and patio or balcony.
- Room & Board Rates: $1,200
- Full refund if cancellation occurs 1 month prior to training start date.
- Partial refund if cancellation occurs less than 1 month prior to training start date. (Partial refund is the total cost minus a cancellation fee of $300).
- No refund if cancellation occurs 1 week or less prior to training start date.
Core Training PaymentPayment should be sent to the following address:
CSUEB- PLTW College of Science
Dean’s Office, SCN 131
California State University, East Bay
25800 Carlos Bee Blvd
Hayward, CA 94542