Programs by College
California State University, East Bay is organized into four colleges: Letters, Arts and Social Sciences (CLASS); Business and Economics; Education and Allied Studies; and Science. Each college has significant responsibility for its own curricula, faculties, students, and budgets. The college dean, aided by an associate dean and an administrative assistant, is the chief administrative officer of each college. (The names of these officers appear in the University Administration section.) The Deans' offices are located as follows: Letters, Arts, and Social Sciences, first floor of the Music and Business Building (885-3161); Business and Economics, fourth floor of the Valley Business and Technology Building (885-3291); Education and Allied Studies, first floor of the Art and Education Building (885-3072); and Science, first floor of the North Science Building (885-3441). The M.A./M.S. Interdisciplinary Studies programs are administered by the Associate Vice President of Academic Programs and Graduate Studies, in the Student Services and Administration Building, Suite 4500 (885-3271).
College of Letters, Arts and Social Sciences
The College of Letters, Arts and Social Sciences is the largest in the university and includes 18 departments. It embraces the creative arts, the humanities, the social and behavioral sciences, and several applied disciplines.
- Anthropology (M.A.)
- Communication (M.A.)
- English (M.A.)
- Geography (M.A.)
- Health Care Administration (M.S.)
- History (M.A.)
- Multimedia (M.A.)
- Music (M.A.)
- Public Administration (M.P.A.)
- Social Work (M.S.W.)
- Sociology (M.A.)
- Speech-Language Pathology (M.S.)
- Fast-Track Liberal Studies/Multiple Subject Teaching
- Clinical Rehabilitative Services in Language Speech and Hearing
College of Business and Economics
The mission of the College of Business and Economics is to prepare students to make ethical choices and succeed in a dynamic business environment shaped by the challenges of a competitive global economy, emerging technologies, and diverse stakeholders.
The College of Business and Economics values learning in an academic environment that is inclusive and student-centered. We value engagement in the business and economic life of the communities we serve - locally, regionally, and globally. We value research, critical and creative thinking, effective communication, ethical decision-making, and multi-cultural competence. We value the open exchange of ideas and viewpoints.
We strive to be known for:
- Outstanding academic programs, recognized for their excellence
- Outstanding faculty scholarship
- Curricula that foster active student participation through applied learning, research, and community service
- High academic standards along with services and support that ensure each student the opportunity for success
- A learning-centered experience where teaching is lively and engaging and individual differences are appreciated
- Dedication to open-minded inquiry, especially with regard to major business, economic and global issues
- Programs and opportunities for students to pursue international business programs
- A welcoming college atmosphere that is responsive to the unique needs of our CBE community
- An inclusive CBE community where students, faculty, and staff from vastly different backgrounds collaborate - creating and sustaining a vibrant learning community
- An array of activities that promote students' success and professional development
- Graduates who are innovative and effective problem solvers, skilled in organizing and expressing their ideas
- Engagement in and essential contributions to the economic well-being of our region and communities
All degree programs in the College of Business and Economics are accredited by the AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
Please contact the College of Business and Economics Director of Graduate Programs regarding the availability of the programs listed below.
- Business Administration (M.B.A.)
- Business Administration (M.S.)
- Economics (M.A.)
- Taxation (M.S.)
- Graduate Economics Studies
- Taxation Certificate
College of Education and Allied Studies
The mission of the College of Education and Allied Studies is to prepare collaborative leaders, committed to social justice and democracy, who will influence a highly technological and diverse world.
The college offers programs for the professional preparation of teachers and service personnel in schools, colleges, and community agencies. Advanced preparation and graduate degrees are designed to expand the knowledge base of students, upgrade professional skills, and/or prepare students for doctoral study.
The professional education programs of the college are accredited by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing, the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education, and the National Association of School Psychologists.
The College also offers programs at the Concord Campus in Concord through the Departments of Educational Leadership, Educational Psychology, and Teacher Education. Specific program information may be obtained by contacting these departments.
- Educational Leadership (Ed.D.)
- Counseling (M.S.)
- Education (M.S.)
- Educational Leadership (M.S.)
- Kinesiology (M.S.)
- Recreation and Tourism (M.S.)
- Special Education (M.S.)
Programs to prepare teachers, marriage and family therapists (M.F.T.), counselors, school psychologists, school counselors, special educators, supervisors and administrators have been approved by the State Commission on Teacher Credentialing. Information regarding specific requirements for each credential is available through the appropriate department.
- Administrative Services Credentials
- Administrative Services Credential-Level I
- Administrative Services Credential-Level I, Internship
- Administrative Services Credential-Level II
- Basic Teaching Credentials
- Multiple Subject Teaching Credential
- Multiple Subject Teaching Credential, Internship
- Single Subject Teaching Credential
- Single Subject Teaching Credential, Internship
- Education Specialist Credentials
- Education Specialist, Mild to Moderate Disabilities-Level I Credential
- Education Specialist, Mild to Moderate Disabilities-Level I Credential, Internship
- Education Specialist, Mild to Moderate Disabilities-Level II Credential
- Education Specialist, Moderate to Severe Disabilities-Level I Credential
- Education Specialist, Moderate to Severe Disabilities-Level I Credential, Internship
- Education Specialist, Moderate to Severe Disabilities-Level II Credential
- Marriage and Family Therapy/Pupil Personnel Services Credentials & Licenses
- Marriage and Family Therapy License
- Pupil Personnel Services: School Counseling Credential
- Pupil Personnel Services: School Psychology Credential
- Reading Credential
- Reading and Literacy Added Authorization
- Children's Literature
- Cross-Cultural, Language, and Academic Development (CLAD)
- Educational Technology Leadership
College of Science
The College of Science offers programs that provide a broad education in the physical, life, and health sciences; and in mathematics, statistics, and computer science. The career flexibility available to science students is one of the main advantages of a degree in the science area. The Master of Science programs are designed to allow students who possess appropriate qualifications to deepen their level of knowledge, upgrade their professional skills, and prepare for doctoral study.
- Biological Science (M.S.)
- Biological Science (M.A.)
- Biostatistics (M.S.)
- Chemistry (M.S.)
- Computer Networks (M.S.)
- Computer Science (M.S.)
- Construction Management (M.S.)
- Engineering Management (M.S.)
- Geology (M.S.)
- Marine Science (M.S.)
- Mathematics (M.S.)
- Statistics (M.S.)
- Applied Statistics
- Construction Planning and Control
- Construction Project Administration
- Engineering Management
- Mathematical Statistics
- Quality Management (Engineering)
The interschool graduate interdisciplinary programs are administered by the Associate Vice President of Academic Programs and Graduate Studies.
- Interdisciplinary Studies (M.A.)
- Interdisciplinary Studies (M.S.)
- Special Certificate