Online Degree Completion Programs
- About Online Learning at CSUEB
- Online Degree Program State Authorization
- Online Classes Offered This Quarter
- Online BA/BS Degree Completion Programs
California State University, East Bay offers a number of online learning options. These include:
- Selected online classes for enrolled students in one of two differing formats:
- Online classes, in which 100% of the class communications and coursework are online, and exams are delivered either online via the Internet, on campus, or proctored at an off-site location.
- Hybrid classes, in which some classroom meetings are replaced by online activities.
- Online Bachelor's degree completion programs, designed for enrolled and transferring students who have completed lower-division course requirements.
Success in online learning requires certain computer skills, as well as certain learning and class participation styles. Students should be:
- knowledgeable about creating, saving, uploading, and downloading electronic files and documents;
- experienced in the use of e-mail and the Internet;
- able to read and follow written directions carefully;
- willing to log into class at least three to four times a week;
- equipped with an up-to-date firewall and virus protection program installed on their personal computer;
- motivated self-starters with good time-management skills.
See the links below for more specific information about online classes and degrees.
Note: State and federal laws require colleges and universities to be authorized to offer online degree programs in states other than their own. At this time, CSU East Bay may not be authorized to offer online degree programs for students residing in certain states. Please go to http://www20.csueastbay.edu/online/admissions-and-costs/state_authorization.html for further information.
You can view current online and hybrid course offerings at MyCSUEB.
Note: Please be sure to check the individual class "notes" for other possible important information about the class. To see the class "notes":
- Click the green arrow for the class you wish to view;
- Click the bright blue section number hyperlink [for example: 02-LEC(1234)] and scroll down to "Notes".
A BA/BS Degree Completion Program is for anyone who has completed their lower division general education breadth requirements. All major requirements will be taken completely online.
|Majors and Options||Link to Department||Link to College|
|Business Administration, B.S.||Department of Accounting and Finance, Economics, Management, Marketing and Entrepreneurship||College of Business & Economics|
||Department of Ethnic Studies||College of Letters, Arts, and Social Sciences|
|Hospitality and Tourism, B.S.||Department of Hospitality, Recreation and Tourism||College of Education and Allied Studies|
|Human Development, B.A.
||Department of Human Development and Women's Studies||College of Letters, Arts & Social Sciences|
||Department of Hospitality, Recreation and Tourism||College of Education and Allied Studies|