Online Degree Completion Programs
- About Online Learning at CSUEB
- Online Classes Offered This Quarter
- Online BA/BS Degree Completion Programs
- Errata (Note: Please see Errata page for corrections to this content.)
California State University, East Bay offers a number of online learning options. These include:
- Selected online classes for enrolled students in one of two differing formats:
- Online classes, in which 100% of the class communications and coursework are online, and exams are delivered either online via the Internet, on campus, or proctored at an off-site location.
- Hybrid classes, in which some classroom meetings are replaced by online activities.
- Online Bachelor's degree completion programs, designed for enrolled and transferring students who have completed lower-division course requirements.
Success in online learning requires certain computer skills, as well as certain learning and class participation styles. Students should be:
- knowledgeable about creating, saving, uploading, and downloading electronic files and documents;
- experienced in the use of e-mail and the Internet;
- able to read and follow written directions carefully;
- willing to log into class at least three to four times a week;
- equipped with an up-to-date firewall and virus protection program installed on their personal computer;
- motivated self-starters with good time-management skills.
See the links below for more specific information about online classes and degrees.
You can view current online and hybrid course offerings at MyCSUEB.
Note: Please be sure to check the individual class "notes" for other possible important information about the class. To see the class "notes":
- Click the green arrow for the class you wish to view;
- Click the bright blue section number hyperlink [for example: 02-LEC(1234)] and scroll down to "Notes".
A BA/BS Degree Completion Program is for anyone who has completed their lower division general education breadth requirements. All major requirements will be taken completely online.