What is the Center for Community Engagement?
The mission of the Center for Community Engagement is to support community-engaged teaching, learning, and scholarship; build and promote community partnerships for curricular and co-curricular community engagement; host a student leadership for community engagement program; and collaborate with other campus entities to support quality community engagement experiences for students and community partners.
What does the CCE do? To print a brief overview, click here.
- document, gather, and disseminate data on community engagement activities and events for the campus and community
- advise and consult on best practices; develop and share resources
- help direct interested campus and community members seeking out opportunities
- administer service learning courses
- support scholarship, research, and grants related to community engagement
- develop and maintain community partnerships
- coordinate and promote student leadership for community engagement
- coordinate the Freshmen Day of Service.
As a student, how can I get involved?
- The CCE offers paid on/off campus internships for students through Pioneers for Change, including paid leadership training and unique networking opportunities. Be on the lookout for the application and submission deadlines on our website. Pioneers for Change. The CCE hires every fall term. firstname.lastname@example.org
As an incoming freshmen, what does service learning have to do with me?
- All incoming freshmen have the opportunity to participate in the Freshmen Day of Service when they enroll for their General Studies course. Since 2012 the CCE has sent thousands of students out into the community to serve.
- How it works: the CCE will set up various community service projects (with participating community partners) in the bay area. Freshmen will register for ONE project that suits their schedule and interests. In the spring quarter, the freshmen will go out and serve!
- For more information visit our Freshmen Day of Service page or check out the Special Edition: Voices and Visions link on the left side menu.
As a community partner, how can I get involved?
- Email email@example.com for any inquiries about campus outreach. Or check out the Community Partners tab.
As faculty of CSUEB, how can I get involved?