Welcome to the Faculty Homepage. If you are new to service learning start at the Learn More section below to find out more about integrating community service based pedagogy into your courses and connecting with community based organizations.
To learn practical, nuts and bolts information about service learning course administration and/or management (including forms), start at Make it Happen below.
If you are more experienced with academic service learning and have questions regarding faculty scholarship and research, go to our professional development section.
- Community-Based and Community-Focused Learning--Am I ready to send students off campus?
- How do I put Service Learning in my course?
- How do I find community partners and manage student placements?
- Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page
- Academic Reflection
- View our Center for Community Engagement Faculty Handbook - PDF
Service Learning Forms
- Online Student Waiver (Required--information automatically collected by the Center for Community Engagement) https://adhayweb13.csueastbay.edu/wsapps/learning-waiver/index.php
- Learning Plan (optional for classroom/faculty use) - Word - PDF
- Faculty Record of Student Community Placements - https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/csuebfacultyrecordofcommunityplacements
- Orientation Checklist - Word - PDF
- Site Log - Excel - PDF
- Student Log - Excel
- Request to Initiate Partnership - For sites not on the pre-approved list, http://www20.csueastbay.edu/faculty/ofd/communityengagement/service-opportunities.htmlfaculty members must work with the agency to complete a Request to Initiate Partnership before students can be placed. Based on this form a contract between the university and the agency will be established. Faculty should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for access to the Request to Initiate Partnership.