Pioneer Discovery Tours
New Campus Tour Program Provides Unique Views to Alumni
If you haven’t visited the Hayward campus for a while, you are in for several treats! Pioneer Discovery Tours is a new program to welcome alumni, as well as your family and friends, back to campus for a guided tour, refreshments and a unique memento. Tours are offered the last Friday of every month at various times of day to accommodate different schedules.
Come see the stunning view from the Library, no longer blocked by Warren Hall, and the progress made on the five-story replacement building near Arts & Education. This building, scheduled for completion in May 2015, will house student support, more than 100 faculty offices, and some administrative functions. The old University Union is undergoing renovations and will have a fresh look soon. The campus landscaping and view are always outstanding, and you will have a chance to learn about the college experience for our current students.
Upcoming tours in 2014, usually on the last Friday of every month, are scheduled for:
- August 29, 11 a.m. (followed by optional lunch in the Dining Commons, $10)
- September 26, 4 p.m. (followed by optional dinner in the Dining Commons, $10)
- October 31, 11 a.m. (followed by optional lunch in the Dining Commons, $10)
- November 21, 4 p.m. (followed by optional dinner in the Dining Commons, $10)
- December 19, 11 a.m. (followed by optional lunch in the Dining Commons, $10)
Check the Pioneer Alumni Events page for future dates and more alumni events.
Reservations are required - simply contact Alumni Director Penny Peak via email or telephone, 510.885.4156. We look forward to sharing our beautiful campus with you!