The university provides software licenses for many programs used by faculty and staff members for academic and administrative purposes.
- Site Licenses are pre-purchased for all university-owned computers. These software programs can be installed without any additional cost to departments.
- Volume Purchase Agreements (VPA) provide discount pricing, but individual software licenses must be purchased by the department before the program can be installed.
- Work-At-Home (WAH) licenses allow faculty and staff members to install a software on their home computers without any additional cost for the software license. However, in many cases installation media (usually CDs or DVDs) must be purchased separately.
- To obtain software, faculty and staff members submit a request through the Service Desk. The Service Desk coordinates the appropriate ITS groups to assess eligibility and to assist with purchase and installation.
To request new software to be installed in a computer lab or smart classroom, please enter your request online at the Service Desk.
- It may take up to 20 business days to complete software installations in labs or classrooms.
- Software must be legally licensed to be used in the lab (no shareware or trial versions).
- You must provide us with a copy of the license and installation media or access to the installation program.
- We need you to help test the program after we install it.
For details about the software programs currently available and the type of license for each, see